INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VST Upmix priority  (Read 2308 times)

alexreaper

• Recent member
VST Upmix priority
« on: June 29, 2021, 08:29:49 am »

Hi. I'm planning to use HALO NUGEN up mix. What is the order of the Upmixer, room correction and equalizer? Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: VST Upmix priority
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 08:32:07 am »

You can drag plug-ins into any order you like and that's the order they will process.  The top three have to stay at the top because of special processing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chipicui

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 04:25:53 pm »

I use it AFTER the eq but this is not critical because with MC graphic eq you can't chose which channels you want to affect. They're all processed by the eq.
Different story is if you use the parametric EQ... there you can build some filters that only applies to channels you want, for example give a bass boost or filter all channels except the subwoofer.
I use room correction last in the chain to be able to use the discrete channels signal generator free of interference from the rest of the plugins and be able to solo/mute each one of them.
At the last slot I recommend you to use a multichannel capable limiter (Voxengo's Elephant is superb) with a brickwall threshold of -0.5 dB to prevent any occasional slight clipping induced by the upmix process.

alexreaper

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 05:21:37 am »

Thank you!

alexreaper

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 09:24:05 am »

does any of you use plugins to get a wider center channel? I am using "mono spread" by Leapin Audio StageOne. This allows the center to sound more spacious by converting the mono signal to stereo. then the upmixer adds some of the center channel to the surround channels. but I do not like that center information is mixed into the front channels creating comb filtering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up