INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art  (Read 547 times)

TMBallard

• Recent member
Cover Art
« on: June 29, 2021, 09:48:59 am »

As I have been importing my library into Media center, much of the cover art is not coming in, so I am having to do it manually.  That has been uneventful until today.  I purchased an Album on iTunes yesterday and it was protected, but iTunes/Music App allowed me to covert it to AAC (unprotected) and it imported into Media Center.  The cover art didn't follow, so I went and found the art on line, downloaded it to my desktop, and attempted to add from file in Media Center.  IT ABSOLUTELY will not budge.  The art work will NOT come in.  Any help?  It was the same on Media Center 27.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 10:55:33 am »

Where is your cover art stored?
Go into MC's options and in the search bar at the bottom, type in
art
and look at the file location category.

It's possible for this case you can't write to that location for some reason. I just checked this operation and it works fine for me.

On a related topic,
If you have cover art in a previous build, say MC27 stored in a separate folder you might be able to use that in MC28 without redoing it all.

For example, on my machine the cover art is stored in
/Users/bob/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 27/Cover Art/
(it's also stored in my tags but that's a different discussion)
If yours is stored like that you can get all of MC27's artwork into MC28 by copying it (doing it from finder you'll have to make the Library folder visible first)
or
run a terminal and do this from the command line
rsync -av ~/Library/Application\ Support/J\ River/Media\ Center\ 27/Cover\ Art  ~/Library/Application\ Support/J\ River/Media\ Center\ 28

You should make sure neither MC27 nor MC28 are running when you do this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up