INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Number Plays and Last Played Works Differently Based on Renderer  (Read 830 times)

GaryG45

• Recent member

This is similar to the following MC27 post.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128382.msg890785.html#msg890785

I'm using MC28.0.32 and just activated the Number Plays and Last Played fields last week.  My Bose Portable Home Speaker Number Plays usually acts the same as the MC27 post.  Today the first two tracks of an album I haven't played had the
Number Plays and Last Played fields updated correctly, but when the third track started the Number Plays was set to 1 and Last Played was the time the track started.  When the track ended, Number Plays increased to 2 and Last Played was the ending time.  This continued until the last track.  When the last track started, Number Plays was set to 1 and Last Played was the start time.  When the track ended nothing changed for either field.

On my Sonos Play3 it acts differently.  After the first track ends Number Plays and Last Played isn't updated.  When the second track starts Number Plays is set to 1 for the second track and Last Played is the time the second track started to play.  Nothing is changed after the second track ends, as expected.  The remaining tracks work the same as the second track.  When the album completes, Number Plays is blank for track 1 and Last Played says never played.  This has occurred with two albums on the Sonos Play3.

Looks like these fields may be dependent on the renderer for the device and is something that would be difficult to fix.

JohnCLee

• Recent member
Re: Number Plays and Last Played Works Differently Based on Renderer
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 05:29:17 pm »

This is the first post I've been able to find on this topic.   I am having exactly the same behavior with my Sonos speakers (I have both Sonos 1 and 3).  The first track is always blank after the album ends.  I am now using MC29 and it is still the same problem.  I have seen this issue at least since MC27.  Any way to fix this in my setup?

GaryG45

• Recent member
Re: Number Plays and Last Played Works Differently Based on Renderer
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 05:06:35 pm »

Sorry it took so long to reply.  I really don't think this is a MC issue because my Bose speakers don't act the same as my Sonos Play 3.  I believe it has to do with how the speaker works with DLNA. 

Yesterday I played a 30 track smartlist to the Sonos speaker.  The first track didn't update the Last Played and Number Plays fields.  About half way through the playlist I had to leave so I stopped it.  A couple hours later I restarted it, and after a couple of tracks played I noticed that the first track now had Number Plays and Last Played information.  Last Played had a time that was about when I restarted the playlist. The last track also had information for Last Played and Number Plays.  I've learned to live with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up