INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Streaming  (Read 1321 times)

al1947

• World Citizen
JRemote Streaming
« on: July 28, 2021, 04:55:26 pm »

Were it not for JRiver's recent email, I would not have known JRemote also can stream music from my Mac as well as remotely control MC on my desktop. Great to find out; easy to use.

I am having trouble, though, finding specs on what protocol it uses for streaming and the resolution capabilities thereof. Does a 192/24 or 96/24 track on my desktop stream to my iDevice as such?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Streaming
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 10:28:55 am »

Were it not for JRiver's recent email, I would not have known JRemote also can stream music from my Mac as well as remotely control MC on my desktop. Great to find out; easy to use.

I am having trouble, though, finding specs on what protocol it uses for streaming and the resolution capabilities thereof. Does a 192/24 or 96/24 track on my desktop stream to my iDevice as such?
Yes, if transcoding is OFF for that server in JRemote's settings.

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 11:17:38 am »

Got it.

Another question: suppose I am playing music on my iMac desktop with MC28. Is there a way to then copy that play queue to the "this device" streaming  queue on my iPad? Can't seem to find a way to do that other than recreating the queue from scratch.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 11:05:13 am »

Got it.

Another question: suppose I am playing music on my iMac desktop with MC28. Is there a way to then copy that play queue to the "this device" streaming  queue on my iPad? Can't seem to find a way to do that other than recreating the queue from scratch.
Not for "this device".
You might try creating a playlist from it on the desktop then loading that playlist on JRemote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up