INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change USB/DAC settings?  (Read 1944 times)

crisp

• World Citizen
Change USB/DAC settings?
« on: August 10, 2021, 01:59:31 pm »

I'm troubleshooting a longstanding issue where JRiver cuts out in audio mid-track. I'm using a USB DAC and the issue is identical to when the DAC is deliberately disconnected from the USB port, ie JRiver stops playing as if paused.

I was wondering if there is a way of changing JRiver settings so even if the DAC is pulled from the USB port it will keep playing (even if no sound is coming out). Then if it thinks the DAC is disconnected but it isn't, maybe audio will continue through the DAC.

(BTW I have tried both USB ports and changed the USB cable -- problem persists)

crisp

• World Citizen
Re: Change USB/DAC settings?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 03:38:43 pm »

PS JRiver streams wirelessly to TV and Muso QB with no problem. It only cuts out when played through the DAC

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 09:27:28 pm »

PS JRiver streams wirelessly to TV and Muso QB with no problem. It only cuts out when played through the DAC
Try turning off exclusive access and integer mode in MC's audio->device settings if they are on.
There are also hardware and software buffer settings in there you might experiment. Perhaps bump the software buffer up first to see if that helps, if not return it to 100ms and bump up the hardware buffer to max power of 2.

crisp

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 05:44:56 am »

Thanks Bob. It's not the exclusive access and integer mode since they are already unticked (I must have tried that already).

I'll try your other suggestions.

crisp

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 06:04:03 pm »

Afraid neither of those works. It's a bit mystifying because the issue exactly mimics what happens if you disconnect the DAC from the USB, although that could be a red herring.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2021, 08:34:15 am »

Afraid neither of those works. It's a bit mystifying because the issue exactly mimics what happens if you disconnect the DAC from the USB, although that could be a red herring.
You might try posting a log file from when it fails, there is a lot of audio logging in it.
It really sounds like a USB issue or even that there is an issue with the DAC itself.

crisp

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 03:54:46 pm »

Thanks Bob. Here's a report.
Pages: [1]   Go Up