INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "\" in filenames, and duplicate videos after platform migration  (Read 683 times)

adaminsf

• Recent member

Hi folks,

I have recently migrated from a PC to Mac mini, and nearly everything came across just fine, however I now have two strange issues that I don't know how to fix:

- many files show up with a windows-style path, eg: \Volumes\Music\Music\iTunes Media\Music\....   For files on the /Music volume, there is also a (single) correct entry.   Every file on the /Videos volume has only the windows-style path in the library.  Such files are not playable, although (when present), their correctly UNIX-path-separated sibling is.

- probably related to the above, I am getting duplicate library entries for every media file that has a "\" as the path separator - another dup seems to be added every few hours (auto import, I'm guessing).   How can I be rid of these?

MacOS 11.5.2 (M1), MC 28.0.46, media served from a Synology NAS

Thanks!
     Adam

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "\" in filenames, and duplicate videos after platform migration
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 03:01:58 pm »

Did you start with a PC library that you copied over?
If so how are you using it? As a portable library or by using the MC's rename function?

adaminsf

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 03:15:22 pm »

Hi Bob,

Yes, I copied the library over from my PC and renamed to match the new volume identifiers (it's the same media, but of course different volume naming conventions on PC vs Mac).

Rgds,
     Adam

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 06:24:11 pm »

Hi Bob,

Yes, I copied the library over from my PC and renamed to match the new volume identifiers (it's the same media, but of course different volume naming conventions on PC vs Mac).

Rgds,
     Adam
Ok, then check your auto import settings and make sure the prefix of the paths to search there match the filenames that you converted from the PC.
It's really easy to get duplicates on Mac and linux based systems with auto import if there is more than one way to get to the same file (symlinks are a common example).
Pages: [1]   Go Up