INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Listen for hours - at random time on random file volume lowers  (Read 1530 times)

joespride

• Recent member

This started happening a couple weeks ago. while listening the volume will slowly lower, Then it goes back to full volume and continues to play. Happens at random times on random files

System is Windows 10 pro, JRiver 27, USB, SingXer SU1 DDC, Various Dacs, Pre-amp, amps, speakers................This same set up played fine for many months with no issues. I have noticed the PC lagging intermittently also

Suggestions ?

Thanks

joespride

• Recent member
Re: Listen for hours - at random time on random file volume lowers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 07:17:39 pm »

NO ONE ?

Still happening, I thought I had found the issue but the gremlins are back. This happens with multiple DACs, Amps, Pre-amps, Speakers. The only constant is the PC, the Hard Drive with the files, and JRiver

I have bought several versions License, prior to 27. Never had this issue before

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Listen for hours - at random time on random file volume lowers
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 07:36:56 pm »

That sounds like clip protection is engaging.  Have you added any boost in any of the DSP or EQ filters?  That can push music into clipping pretty easily.

Next time it happens, look at the audio path and see if clip protection is engaging or not
Pages: [1]   Go Up