INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ifi USB charger  (Read 1635 times)

enoferry

• Recent member
Ifi USB charger
« on: August 21, 2021, 02:50:56 pm »

Hello everyone
Complete novice on JRiver. I have a iFi USB charger that I was looking from my computer to my Chord Quest DAC. Plugged both ends in i then get a message when I try to play music in JRiver,
Something went wrong
Playback could not start on the output ASIO using format 44.1 KHz 2 ch
This output may not be supported by your hardware.
You can use DSP studio to change the output.to a compatible format.
I have connect the usb then restarted the computer opened JRiver still same message when I play anything.
I have the Audio Device set at Chord ASIO
Help anyone please.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ifi USB charger
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 05:10:04 pm »

Some clarification :

I assume this is a Chord Qutest, not Quest.  I have the original Hugo. Nice DACs.

Is the ifi an original iUSB or a iUSB3.0?  Those devices are regenerators, not chargers. Are you matching the usb of the PC and the usb of the ifi? Plugging a usb 2 device into a usb 3 port or vice versa can sometimes lead to problems.  I am not sure if the Qutest works equally well with usb 2 and usb 3.

The Qutest uses a wall wart power supply. I assume you are using that. You cannot power the Qutest via the usb.

I assume the Qutest works correctly without the ifi installed. 

You can test with WASAPI rather than the Chord ASIO driver. The only thing that does not support in DSD 512.  WASAPI will use DoP for DSD, whereas Asio will use native sample rates.

Once you get the ifi working, it would be interesting to know if you hear a difference using it. The Qutest usb is galvanically isolated so the comparable features of the ifi should not matter.  The signal could be improved by being regenerated by the ifi, but the Chord should be pretty good with anything other than a very poor usb signal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up