INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver ASIO driver not working (not visible under Windows' sound devices)  (Read 2008 times)

Ongii

• Recent member

Hello All
I could manage to get only the WDM driver working.
Enabling "ASIO driver" under General/Features has no visible effect.
Thanks for any hint.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen

I might be wrong on this but I think activating the asio driver feature enables JRiver MC to use any available asio driver on your system. Asio drivers are usually specifically designed for particular output devices. I have an Asio driver for an Oppo and another for my Pioneer device.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

elderavelas

• World Citizen

The ASIO Driver feature allows other applications to use JRiver MC as an ASIO device. Windows do not use ASIO. Other players that support ASIO can use, like foobar2000. You will not see any change in the Windows device list. To use JRiver MC with Windows, enable the WDM feature. Using MC as an audio device, either ASIO or WDM, takes advantage of its DSP power. However it does not work well for video as you may experience sound and video sync issues.

Ongii

• Recent member

When I enable the ASIO driver I don't see it (JRiver) neither in foobar2000.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Is MC running?  Try restarting it.

Ongii

• Recent member

Is MC running?  Try restarting it.
Tried.
No success.

yys310

Any update on this problem?
I encounter the same problem these days. I think I've seen the JRiver ASIO in my foobar before but now I can't find them in any other software that can access ASIO

That was weird. I can see JRiver ASIO in Element by Kushview but can't find it in foobar2000 or Dirac Liver Processor...

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe

Two programs can't access the same ASIO driver at the same time. If you shut down MC you'll probably see your ASIO driver in foobar2000.
Pages: [1]   Go Up