INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic Link "Skin" change to a time schedule, i.e. Day-Night  (Read 1004 times)

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen

Automatic link for "Skin" change to a time schedule, i.e. Day-Night. I am looking for a way to automatically change "Skin" on a MAC, in particular one with a day and night mode, similarly as for desktop in Macos which I have set to automatically and that changes a lot of programs on the MAC, but not JRiver.

I use for days "Modern cards grey" (f.i.) and nights "Black on Black" (f.i.).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Automatic Link "Skin" change to a time schedule, i.e. Day-Night
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 10:49:33 am »

We agree this would be nice.  I'll look at it in a coming day.  I was thinking an MCWS call to set the skin and you could schedule it with Scheduler.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 02:48:30 pm »

Nice idea.

YogiPL

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 03:43:29 pm »

That would be awesome!

I have a question regarding the "Modern Cards: Dark Edition" skin - is there any way you can change the font color of the selected item in lists?

Currently it looks like in the attached screenshot - I think white or blue (like in the tree for selected items) would work better here - black is barely readable.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 04:01:21 pm »

I have a question regarding the "Modern Cards: Dark Edition" skin - is there any way you can change the font color of the selected item in lists?

Currently it looks like in the attached screenshot - I think white or blue (like in the tree for selected items) would work better here - black is barely readable.

The text is dark because the selection indicator is light, as per attached. In your screenshot, the selection indicator appears to be AWOL...
Is this just a "MAC" thing, or is something else going on?

I quite like the look of your font there. What is that, and is it available on Windows?

YogiPL

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 04:36:37 pm »

In this attachment the "selected" (as in, clicked with mouse) is track 3 , track 2 is the one currently playing (this is in "Player" view).
In the previous one both currently playing and "selected" is track 2 on that list.
The selection indication appears to be those 3 dots on the edge of the list?

The font is Helvetica Regular. Pretty standard font I think, I remember using it back in my Amiga days, should be available on Windows also ;)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 09:55:03 pm »

Leave this with me a day or so. I do not use MACs so have asked elsewhere for some notes on this issue. Will let you know whether or not I get anywhere with it.

Have to be careful we don't end up distracting from the OP, so...

Automatic link for "Skin" change to a time schedule, i.e. Day-Night. I am looking for a way to automatically change "Skin" on a MAC, in particular one with a day and night mode, similarly as for desktop in Macos which I have set to automatically and that changes a lot of programs on the MAC, but not JRiver.

I use for days "Modern cards grey" (f.i.) and nights "Black on Black" (f.i.).

Interesting idea.  :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2021, 04:53:43 pm »

The text is dark because the selection indicator is light, as per attached. In your screenshot, the selection indicator appears to be AWOL...
Is this just a "MAC" thing, or is something else going on?

I quite like the look of your font there. What is that, and is it available on Windows?
I think this dark on dark highlighting is because the dark theme enabled on MacOS and MC isn't expecting that.

There is some interesting info here:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nsappearancecustomization/choosing_a_specific_appearance_for_your_macos_app?language=objc#2993819

It may be that we should force light appearance to start with since that is what the skins are calculated against.
Then when a dark skin is being used I think the selection will be right, not entirely certain though.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 03:03:13 pm »

Try the most recent Mac build. I'm forcing it to light theme by default.
Pages: [1]   Go Up