INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Req: MC 28 Mac - allow customization of "ignore special files" on import  (Read 486 times)

rbmjr

• World Citizen

Found an issue with the Library Import feature in MC 28 Mac version. Library Import needs to be able to EXCLUDE files and folders from importing. While it has a check box for "ignore special files (folders, jpg, etc.)" the exclude should be editable by the user to add additional files and folders to ignore.

Here's what happens; my synchronization program, GoodSync, is doing a fine job of keeping my Windows music libraries synced to the Mac music libraries. However, to do this GoodSync creates a hidden folder called _gsdata_ in the library folder that I am importing from. Within the _gsdata_ folder there is a subfolder called _saved_. During synchronization file changes are recorded in both _gsdata_ and the added, deleted or moved .MP3's and album art are stored in the _saved_ subfolder. This wouldn't be a problem except that I organize my music into folders by \Artist \Album so I need to also select the Mode: "Include this folder and all child folders" when I select a folder for import. The bottom line is that the Library Import brings back all the stuff it finds in the \_gsdata_\_saved_ folder providing me with multiple copies of my music files and album art, or if I have cleared the library by moving my \Artist \Album folders  to another Library, Library Import sees the .MP3 files and album art in the \_gsdata_\_saved_ folders and re-imports it.

Could you please allow us add our own items [files, folders] to the "ignore special files (folder .jpg, etc.)" when configuring Library Import? Thanks - Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up