INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing to an SD Card from iMac (M3u8 Playlists)  (Read 1360 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Syncing to an SD Card from iMac (M3u8 Playlists)
« on: August 30, 2021, 07:02:42 am »

Hi there,

I found if I export a single playlist as M3U8 it works and the file has an extension for .m3u8 but when syncing playlists via device menu it keeps defaulting to .m3u even after selecting M3U8. I've tried the relative paths option but it always just syncs as .m3u type.

Am I missing anything?

Chronic

• World Citizen
Re: Syncing to an SD Card from iMac (M3u8 Playlists)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 02:28:56 am »

Hi there,

The reason I asked this question is because when I create playlists which contain special characters/accents (like artist Sigur Ros uses) the songs with accents didn't show in playlists in audio apps.

I found that if I rename the playlist to .m3u8 rather than .m3u the songs with accents then showed. This was with Rocket Player app, who's support said the playlists need to be UTF-8 encoded to display these characters.

This is now irrelevant as I use HiBy or UAPP for direct USB output in order to bypass Android's audio engine. Unfortunately neither of these apps support .m3u8 format.

My question now boils down to this - is there any way to encode .m3u playlists as UTF-8 without changing to .m3u8?

Thanks for any help with this, it's the last hurdle in getting playlists synced with my phone!
Pages: [1]   Go Up