INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any rhyme or reason when a view with random sort refreshes?  (Read 1186 times)

mkolmar

• Recent member
Any rhyme or reason when a view with random sort refreshes?
« on: September 05, 2021, 06:53:02 pm »

Is there any specific timer or rules about when a view refreshes, in particular a view with random sort?

I have a handful of views that display full albums in random order. Different views at different times seem to refresh at intervals from maybe never to more than once a minute. Seems like all the views with random sort will usually refresh when starting to play back a new album.

This becomes irritating because the views take even longer to refresh when playback starts, and MC becomes unresponsive during this time.

For example, I call this Random (Avoid Strays):

([Track #]=2 or ([Track #]=1 [Track #]=[]) or [Duration]=>1200) ~nodup=[Album],[Album Artist /(auto/)] ~sort=Random ~a

This takes 14 seconds to refresh, but 30 seconds or longer when refresh is apparently triggered upon start of playback. Again, during this time, MC is uncontrollable.

And, by the way, I did not fully realize until recently how badly a view with inefficient logic can perform! The above is my best effort to get only full albums, avoiding standalone short tracks. I had an earlier version that would stall MC for 80 seconds if I started playback on a 24/96 flac.

Even this takes about 6 seconds:

[Date Imported]=<90d ~a

Or, makes MC uncontrollable for about 15 seconds upon starting playback, not showing elapsed time etc. until view has refreshed.

I have a view called Recent that does nothing but sort by date imported. Hard to tell if that one refreshes upon start of playback (what would be different?), often has no lag time, but sometimes takes 10 seconds before MC is fully responsive.

Is there a way to add indexes (a la relational database) to fields that may not have indexes? Is that even how MC operates under the hood?
Pages: [1]   Go Up