INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get MC to understand that files are upgraded and show correct bitrate?  (Read 1456 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

I have some old files that I have reripped, but even running "Analyze audio" still shows the old value, a bitrate of 128, and not the new "Lame Extreme" bitrate. I seem to remember that there was a way of verifying or rechecking the files before, but I can't find it now. I tried to do a re-analyze of the audio, but that didn't fix it either. Any hints?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

tij

• MC Beta Team

Try selecting one file and Update library from tags?

For me ... when i run autoimport, MC detects which files have been changed

Strange that you are not ripping CDs lossless ... then can use that lossless rips to generate any mp3 you want without reripping CD again
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

Thanks! Update library from tags it was! These were ripped at a time when disk capacity was a bit more expensive...around 20 years ago. Also around 10 000 albums would take a lot of disk space even now lossless.

tij

• MC Beta Team

At around 400mb for one flac album ... 4,000,000mb ... 4TB

Can get 2x 8tb disc at reasonable prices (one for music ... one for backup).

Personally, its the time it will take to rerip 10,000 albums that bothers me ...  today at "extreme" ... then few years later at "ultimate" setting ... might as well do it once lossless

Plus if anything should happen to yout CDs, those flacs are perfect copy/backup for your CDs (thats the reason i rip with EAC and not MC ... dbpoweramp and cue ripper are also good)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

Times four, two of them with portable SSDs, and it will cost a bit. I have my library mirrorred in my car, my boat, my house and my cabin. I want everything available everywhere, and I'm not doing recoding to take less space in the car or the boat. I believe I actually used EAC when I originally ripped these cd's, I think it's been on the market this long. And Extreme LAME is more than good enough for me.

tij

• MC Beta Team

Lol ... guess our needs are not the same :)

I would have ripped lossless at home (even if not for use ... then for archiving) ... ripping from CDs takes loooong whether lossless or mp3 as it needs human supervision to take CD in and out of drive.

I would have then used those flac to generate mp3s (that is a fast and can be done unsupervised) ... then mirrored mp3 to remote location (boat/car, etc)
Pages: [1]   Go Up