INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about nVidia Shield Pro as JRiver library client with surround music  (Read 2294 times)

Hahnsoulo

I have my JRiver library on my PC in my office.  In the living room I have an nVidia Shield Pro with the JRiver app installed and connected to my PC as a library client.  The Shield is connected to my Emotiva RMC-1 surround processor. If I play a ripped blu-ray through the Shield that has Dolby TruHD or DTS HD-MA everything works perfectly.  If I stream a 2 channel SACD rip it plays perfectly.  However, if I stream a 5.1 surround SACD rip, my surround processor stays in 2 channel PCM mode instead of going into multi channel PCM and sound only comes out of the LR speakers.   If I plug my PC directly into the same surround processor and play the same SACD rip the surround processor goes into 5.1 PCM mode and works exactly as expected.

So, there's a few possibilities:
  • I have a setting set incorrectly in the Shield or in the JRiver PC server
  • This is a known bug in the JRiver Android app that will be fixed at some point
  • This is a hardware limitation of the Shield.  Perhaps it can stream encoded formats like Dolby and DTS, but can't stream multichannel PCM for some reason

Does anyone have any ideas?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

What format is the surround rip?  If it is multichannel FLAC, this works in the MO 4Media app on Android TV when using ExoPlayer as the audio player (see link below).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up