INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling mediacenter with bluetooth remote controller  (Read 1147 times)

Toine

Controlling mediacenter with bluetooth remote controller
« on: September 20, 2021, 03:51:18 pm »

Since last week I have the new Mac mini, a wonderful computer with one handicap: it has no ir receiver so I can't control mediacenter with my old Apple remote anymore. Question is it possible to control it with a bluetooth remote controller, for example the nice and beautiful Satechi Bluetooth Media Button??? https://satechi.net/products/satechi-bluetooth-button-series?variant=34058399049

bMinor

• World Citizen
Re: Controlling mediacenter with bluetooth remote controller
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 11:47:53 am »

don't know about the bluetooth remote controllers you're thinking of but you can control MC on your Mac with 'JRemote' if you have an IOS device such as an iphone or ipad. It works great. 

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 05:47:02 pm »

The thing needed is for MC to see and respond to the HID device class definition and media control specific items from the HID usage tables.

MC just might do that already as it does respond to conventional keyboard presses from multi-media keyboards.  Mine at least.

Perhaps there is some additional magic necessary to see/use keypresses coming in from a BT HID (remote control) device?

Toine

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 06:07:33 am »

Thanks for the reply, I'm hoping some technician from JRiver can shine a light also! :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 12:14:20 pm »

Thanks for the reply, I'm hoping some technician from JRiver can shine a light also! :)
There is HID Remote support in MC. Don't know anything about your particular device.

Toine

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 03:01:23 pm »

Thanks for the answer, does HID Remote support means that JRiver can be controlled by means of bluetooth. I only need the bluetooth remote controle for next and play as well as for volume control.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 11:53:51 am »

Thanks for the answer, does HID Remote support means that JRiver can be controlled by means of bluetooth. I only need the bluetooth remote controle for next and play as well as for volume control.
AS far as I can see it should work. I simply don't have a device to test it with.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 02:22:29 pm »

Got one to test and it works fine.

Toine

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 10:22:43 am »

That's a coincidence, I got mine this morning. It works perfectly and was easy to pair with my Mac.I saw that Satechi sells also other bluetooth remotes, probably they are also suited for JRiver, could be interesting for other users of JRiver!  Bob, thanks for your help!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up