INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only since MC28 installed?  (Read 458 times)

fleetz

• Recent member
Only since MC28 installed?
« on: September 26, 2021, 01:51:57 am »

Just updated from MC26 to MC28, well the application facilitated it as I launched MC26. Anyway since using MC28 if I drag a new artist folder with the album into my MC library it doesn't recognise the addition. I have to manually import the folder for MC to see the new content, have not had to do that in the past just dragging it in and the next time I opened MC it was recognised. What has changed in MC28?

Also what is recommended re deleting the older versions of MC after upgrading I have about 10 previous versions I could uninstall but want to check there are no issues in deleting older versions before doing so??

Cheers

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: Only since MC28 installed?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 03:38:55 am »

Check your "auto import" settings.  It sounds as if something is wrong there.
Uninstall, rather than delete, previous versions.  There shouldn't be any problems doing this (there never have been for me), but if you are concerned then back up your v28 library first.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 10:23:03 am »

Tools -> Options -> General -> Importing & Tagging -> Automatically import files when played

fleetz

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2021, 07:49:23 pm »

Cheers....yep the automatically import was unchecked. First time I have had to do that since I bought in at MC10 or MC11.

My bad I meant uninstall not delete.

Thanks for you help on this one! 👍

fleetz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2021, 11:23:35 pm »

Cheers....yep the automatically import was unchecked. First time I have had to do that since I bought in at MC10 or MC11.

Still will not see any new folders I put in my master library folder? If I double clicked on a track it would play out of MC26. So backed up library and uninstalled MC26, now it will play out of MC28. However will not recognise the new album folder placed in the master library folder?

If I play one of the tracks in the imported folder now it will bring just that track in leaving the rest out from being imported. Surely I am not forced to play every track to get the album in?

I tried just leaving MC open for half an hour or more just in case it was looking to update its directory and hopefully see the new folder.....no joy. Tried rebooting by shutting down to see if that might force a re-read of any changes to the master library folder....no joy.

Played one track and it’s imported, album name, artist name imported.....only if I play another track or import the rest manually do they come in. Click folder and drag and drop no longer works?
Pages: [1]   Go Up