INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to "reload" Track Info page html from disk?  (Read 2409 times)

YogiPL

• Recent member
How to "reload" Track Info page html from disk?
« on: September 29, 2021, 03:52:59 am »

Hi!

I'm trying to create my own Track Info page, but I can't seem to find a way to reload after making changes to see results apart form changing it's folder name and restarting the application.
Is there a smarter way to do this (some kind of "clear cache"?)

Thanks!

PS. I'm on macos if that changes anything.

YogiPL

• Recent member
Re: How to "reload" Track Info page html from disk?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 12:09:07 pm »

Ok, nevermind.

I was editing the skin in /Applications/Media Center(...) . I figured out it's copied to ~/Library/Application Support/JRiver (...) after launching the program.

:)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 11:30:56 pm »

Hi!

I'm trying to create my own Track Info page, but I can't seem to find a way to reload after making changes to see results apart form changing it's folder name and restarting the application.
Is there a smarter way to do this (some kind of "clear cache"?)

Thanks!

PS. I'm on macos if that changes anything.

The simplest way to check if your changes are correct is to switch to a different TrackInfo Plugin and then immediately switch back to your updated TrackInfo Plugin while MC is running.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 01:15:51 pm »

While English Tiger's approach works and is pretty fast, I discovered an even easier/quicker way...

After you right click in the main display window to bring up the visualizations/trackinfo context menu, there will be an "Enable Scrollbars" item 2nd from the bottom.  It may or may not have a checkmark next to it.  Whichever it is, just select that and it will refresh the current trackinfo template you are using.  This saves you from having to navigate to the context+sub-menu twice (once to select a different template, and then again to re-select the one you are developing).

FYI: whether Enable Scrollbars is active (checked) or not, it does not seem to affect/change the trackinfo templates behavior in any way that I can find. If you have scrollbars in your template and you uncheck it, it will still have scrollbars.  If you don't have scrollbars in your template, activating this setting does not magically add them.  So it's stated function is inactive, but it is a super convenient way to "refresh" the display window!  Perhaps JRiver should change the menu item name from Enable Scrollbars to Refresh Display?

Final note... the Enable Scrollbars menu item only shows if you are using a trackinfo template (any template).  If you are showing the Cover Art (with or without lyrics), MC's built-in visualization (3D or standard), the item will not be listed in the context menu.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 10:19:18 pm »

Can't you also just change tracks?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 10:27:57 pm »

Well slap my ass and call me Susan... that works!  That probably would have saved me a few thousand clicks... thanks Doof.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 05:40:39 am »

Or you could do what I did and add a "Reload/Refresh Button + the appropriate HTML/CSS" to the web-page - clicking on that will force MC to load the modified HTML File  ;D ;D ;D
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2021, 08:52:12 am »

Just out of curiosity I went looking to see where MC copies the TrackInfo Plugin Files when playing tracks on a Windows Machine.

It copies all the files to >>>>App Data\Roaming\JRiver\Media Center 28\Temp\TrackInfo

But then it does something crafty/smart - For the track I was playingthe index.html file is shown in the 1st pic

But MC appears to create and use a file called Generated.html where the TrackInfo_Insert commands are replaced by the results of those gets - see pic 2

Pages: [1]   Go Up