INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio database corruptions  (Read 1462 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Audio database corruptions
« on: October 03, 2021, 03:40:51 am »

Hi all. I’ve been getting a wierd corruption on my MC database. Tracks in the database have mysteriously changed so that the Album field is the same as the Name field. Not every track, just a few albums here and there. I identified all the track with the problem, corrected the problem and thought that it was “one of those things”. Today I go back in, and a whole bunch of different tracks have the same problem. Some whole albums, and a bunch of albums where the “bonus” tracks have lost their Album value, with it replaced by the Name value. These are tracks that have been in the library for years. I don’t mess about with any fields when tracks are imported. Any ideas?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Audio database corruptions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 12:10:09 pm »

Have you been using any external tools to edit file metadata, or are there any other programs interacting with the files?  I've had mystery changes like that once or twice when I changed file metadata outside of JRiver.

Alternatively, if you haven't done anything like that, it might be helpful to look at the file tags for one or two such files in another program to see if there's a mismatch between the file metadata and the MC database info.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Audio database corruptions
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 01:34:42 pm »

Thanks. I do use mp3tag for smoothing out tag problems, but that's only ever for files before they are imported into MC. Some of the files impacted have been in the database for over 5 years, with definitely no tag activity. I'll check the actual file tags. I maybe suspected it was MC reimporting album info for some reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up