INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: share a DAC via CoreAudio not working  (Read 525 times)

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
share a DAC via CoreAudio not working
« on: October 06, 2021, 11:41:02 am »

I upgraded to version 28 a few weeks back, at the same time I also upgrade macos to the beta 12 and moved to a M1 Mac Mini.

I believe on my previous x86 Mac mini on Big Sur with MC 25, I was able to tell MC to share the DAC with the OS and listen to music while also hearing the OS sounds, without using any additional virtual audio interface/sound routing software.

Since the upgrade, it doesn't work anymore.
Now even if I disable exclusive access to the CoreAudio in MC and pick my DAC in the macOS audio output, MC seems to still take full control of the DAC and macOS switches to another output automatically while MC is playing music.

Anything I missed somewhere?
Should it still work?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: share a DAC via CoreAudio not working
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 01:43:40 pm »

It sounds like MC is using "exclusive access" to the DAC.  Turn that off:

Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > Device settings > Device > Open device with exclusive access > (unchecked)

You might have to restart MC for it to take effect.

All of that said, I think if you restore a backup and use the checkbox for "restore settings", all of your previous settings from MC25 on your other Mac would have transferred over, including this setting.  Although... if you changed DACs too then this might be expected.  Just saying this in case it's helpful.

Brian.

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: share a DAC via CoreAudio not working
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 10:24:07 am »

I kept unchecking that box actually, but it kept coming back.

What seems to make it stick is restarting MC after changing the setup like you mentioned.
Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up