INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversion issue?  (Read 531 times)

andromaya

• Recent member
Conversion issue?
« on: October 07, 2021, 12:04:34 pm »

Using MC's file converter over the past few days, I've noticed something odd: every time when I convert, it starts off normally, speeding down the conversion list, but after a random number of files, the conversion starts lagging dramatically, to the point where it will just 'hang' on a single file and not continue at all for extensive periods of time. Is this normal? I'm thinking perhaps this is caused by the fact that my files are stored on an external hard drive, but I don't see why there should be a change in conversion speed if the HD would be the culprit (I would instead expect the conversion to be constantly slow).

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Conversion issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 03:02:49 pm »

Using MC's file converter over the past few days, I've noticed something odd: every time when I convert, it starts off normally, speeding down the conversion list, but after a random number of files, the conversion starts lagging dramatically, to the point where it will just 'hang' on a single file and not continue at all for extensive periods of time. Is this normal? I'm thinking perhaps this is caused by the fact that my files are stored on an external hard drive, but I don't see why there should be a change in conversion speed if the HD would be the culprit (I would instead expect the conversion to be constantly slow).
Try switching it to convert one at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up