INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help installinf MC28 on a RPi 4  (Read 1746 times)

Movie Fan

• Recent member
Need help installinf MC28 on a RPi 4
« on: October 08, 2021, 06:23:55 pm »

Folks,

I have been using MC21 and MC27 on several HTPCs for years with great success.  Now I want to install MC28 on a RPi 4 by using the latest DEB file download.  The RPi 4 is running the latest OS as of Oct 6, 2021.

When I try to do the install using "sudo apt install" or using the Pi program installer the operation fails with an invalid file format.  I have seen the post about installing MC24 on a RPi 3 but that requires Internet access and my RPi 4 has no and will have no Internet connection.

Can anyone provide the information I need to install MC28 from files?

Thank you.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Need help installinf MC28 on a RPi 4
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 06:40:59 pm »

I think you need to use the dpkg command to install from a deb rather than apt or apt-get

Something like "dpkg -i file-name-of.deb"

Movie Fan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 09:00:16 pm »

mwillems,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I tried the command

sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/JRMC28.deb

and it said that the 64 bit architecture of the application did not match that of the 32 bit Pi OS.  I have check the RPi site and the 64 bit version of the RPi OS is still in Beta.  So now my question is where can I find an ARM32 version of MC 28?

Movie Fan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 11:13:17 pm »

mwillems,

After some additional searching I downloaded the JR MC28 for armhf and proceeded to install that version.  The installation completed (sort of) but with 5 missing library packages as follows.

libpango1.0.0
  libpangox-1.0.0
  liblegl-mesa
  mesa-vulkan
  vulkan-lcd

Where do I find these packages?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 04:38:28 pm »

mwillems,

After some additional searching I downloaded the JR MC28 for armhf and proceeded to install that version.  The installation completed (sort of) but with 5 missing library packages as follows.

libpango1.0.0
  libpangox-1.0.0
  liblegl-mesa
  mesa-vulkan
  vulkan-lcd

Where do I find these packages?

All of those packages should be in the debian/raspbian repositories; this is the drawback of an offline only install. You have to do dependency management manually to some extent.  That is to say, if you had installed MC in the usual way (i.e. apt-get install over the internet) apt would have automatically pulled in the packages you need.  Since you don't want to connect to the internet, you'll need to find, download, and install those dependencies manually from the debian/raspbian repos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up