INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RPi4 MC28 differes from Windows MC28  (Read 1006 times)

Movie Fan

• Recent member
RPi4 MC28 differes from Windows MC28
« on: October 09, 2021, 07:57:03 pm »

I finally managed to install MC28 on an RPi4 unit using the MC install instructions from the post which describes installing MC27 on an RPi4.  I only use MC28 in Theater Mode for playing DVD files stored in HDD folders.  The differences I have seen so far are as follows.

1)  With a DVD movie folder stored on a USB memory stick plugged into the upper USB 3 port, the folder is not seen in Theater Mode when I click on Explorer.  The display says there are no items to display.  Under Windows various folders are shown including the the USB memory stick.

2)  In standard view mode I can go to File -> Open media file and open the movie folder on the USB stick.  If I double click the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, i receive an error message saying there was a problem with playback.  If instead I click any of the VOB files, the file starts playing.  Under Windows clicking the IFO file will display the movie main menu.

The help provided for the problem with playback message has not relation to the Linux version of MC28.

What am I doing wrong?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: RPi4 MC28 differes from Windows MC28
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 07:58:14 pm »

As far as I'm aware, Linux has never done DVD menus well. Not just MC, but Linux in general. That may have changed,  but not that I'm aware of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up