INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new skin Twilight that varies with the time of day  (Read 383 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
new skin Twilight that varies with the time of day
« on: October 10, 2021, 04:59:15 pm »

Twilight skin sounds good.

The only thing that would stop me from using it is the custom html in the thumbnail text, it's usually either set up for a bright skin or dark skin.

Could we maybe have a new expression to compensate this?

I know it probably already is possible to write an expression using formatdate. But I imagine for myself and I guess the average user, attempting to write out a cumbersome expression to fade or brighten font colours of the thumbnail text over the course of time would fill that little window and make it really difficult to write thumbnail text. I imagine you probably have already written the bulk of the code concerning drift of amount of daylight hours over the course of a year.

Could the expression be if(twilight(colour fade(hex value), elseif(Not Twilight(colour brighten(hex value)) It's probably rudimentary but that's why I am the user and you are the engineer lol

I don't know if we can already do this or not, I'm assuming not, only because I haven't came across it yet. I know we can already set alpha of a hex colour, I think, if I recall correctly, but I'm not sure if we can set it through 8 digit hexadecimal? Which I imagine would maybe work nicely in an expression like that?

The only caveat I can think of is, the internal display. Where the thumbnail text is, is the expression engine static in that area of the program unlike the outer skin? I'm assuming as it'll fade over time. What I'm trying to say is, would the current select view tab require a manual refresh or deviation to another view for the fade of such thumbnail text to to be executed or would it be fluid like the outer skin? Apologies I probably got that completely wrong there. I'm assuming how MC currently works in that regard.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up