INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC28 on MacOS 10.14.6 crashing  (Read 751 times)

swcng2001

• Recent member
MC28 on MacOS 10.14.6 crashing
« on: October 11, 2021, 06:41:51 am »

Hello,

I have had a few random crashes with MC28 running on my Intel MacMini with MacOS 10.14.6.

MC28 is set up as with Media Network as a DLNA server. My MacMini is connected via LAN & WiFi to an SOtM sMS200Ultra which is connected in turn via USB to a txUSBultra and then to my USB DAC.

The crash has not happened in the past. It could be the fact that I have turned on Media Network/DLNA that is the cause. It appears quite random (within 15mins to a couple of hours of playing music) and does not appear to be related to the file type I am playing.

I am including Apple crash report with this post. Unfortunately MC28 log file is so large that I am unable to include it.

If anyone has some experience solving this, I would very much appreciate some advice.

I should also report this to JRiver. Can someone tell me how?

Thanks.

Stephen

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC28 on MacOS 10.14.6 crashing
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 03:22:13 pm »

Looks like it's in the middle of transcoding on the crashed thread.
What are you playing to and what are your DLNA server settings??

swcng2001

• Recent member
Re: MC28 on MacOS 10.14.6 crashing [Solved]
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 02:20:27 am »

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry that its taken me so long to respond. I decided to play around with the settings in MC28 after reading the wiki. It seems I might have cured the problem but I did not want to be premature in reporting it. MC28 has been stable for about 2 weeks now.

Under "Add or configure DLNA servers", I set the Audio:Mode to "Specified output format only when necessary", then under Audio:Settings:DSP Studio:Output Format:Output Encoding, I set it to "None"

I have included a couple of screen shots in case it might help others.

My system consists of a Mac mini > LAN > SOtM sMS200ultra > SOtM txUSBultra > Ayon Stealth DAC.

Regards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up