INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Data Corruption While Ripping CD  (Read 314 times)

Telecaster2

Data Corruption While Ripping CD
« on: October 17, 2021, 04:28:11 pm »

During the process of ripping several CD's to MC, a 4 track John Coltrane album that I was ripping showed that there was no CD data posted from the CD data base.  The four tracks all showed as being empty.  Since I was still on MC 27, I updated to MC28 to see if that would resolve my problem.  It did not.  I went directly into the CD library and found the "empty" CD, which I deleted.  I then attempted to rip a different CD.  This CD had 26 tracks on it.  When I loaded the CD into MC, The first 4 tracks shown were the from the prior rip, only this time they included all of the data from the CD data base lookup!  However, the remaining 22 tracks were all empty (i.e., unknown track name, unknown artist name, and unknown genre.  However, all 26 tracks had "file  names" that were the name of the 4 track Coltrane album that I thought I had previously deleted from the library.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide me.  I am at a lost as to what to do next. I did do a forum search, but was unable to find a similar issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up