Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB  (Read 1613 times)

V-Man

YADB
« on: March 26, 2003, 11:19:24 pm »

The one thing that really bugs me about MC is the fact that not a single one of the CDs I've tried to rip have successfully done a YADB lookup. My music tastes are not exactly unconventional either, eg the last two CDs I tried were Christina Aguilera "Stripped" and Alicia Keys "Songs In A Minor". Both failed.

Either YADB is incomplete, or something's not right with MC or my installation or setup of it (v9.0.133). Any clues please?

nila

Re: YADB
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 12:38:43 am »

Right click on your songs - Track Info - Submit to YADB.

No one else will suffer your problem with all the tracks you couldn't find. You'll be making the world a better place :)

Submit your cd's too.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 05:41:49 am »

There are different pressings of CD's and there are bootleg CD's and home-made CD's, so anything is possible.

Try ripping more than a few -- 40 or 50.  Your success rate should be around 70%.

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2003, 07:25:24 am »

V-man:  

It's a widespread problem as roughly 1 in 3 CDs will fail.  It's not a technical issue -- it's commercial.  

You should read two other threads:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1047050909

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1048013351

js (noborg)

Michael Horton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 09:51:43 am »

In a previous thread I said it takes less than 3 minutes to enter the info on a CD not found by YADB. Well, with the new info entry-window, it takes less than a minute. Just tested it on 4 CDs not found by the DB--less than a minute each time. Surely, any complaints about the DB cannot be based on a time expenditure issue, as had been the case in previous threads.

My "hit rate" remains consistently in the 25% range. Love the new entry popup, btw.

Michael

V-Man

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2003, 12:48:17 am »

In a previous thread I said it takes less than 3 minutes to enter the info on a CD not found by YADB. Well, with the new info entry-window, it takes less than a minute. Just tested it on 4 CDs not found by the DB--less than a minute each time. Surely, any complaints about the DB cannot be based on a time expenditure issue, as had been the case in previous threads.

Well I'm disabled and it takes much longer and is much more effort for me. Not everybody is equal! And I get a 99% hit-rate with MMJB.

zevele10

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2003, 09:49:15 am »

I do not know how to type , and my mothertong is not english when most of my cds  are in english.
To type infos for a cd is REALLY a long and unpleasant job.

I do not complain about anything ,just to state than it can be hard task to some
Pages: [1]   Go Up