INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get duplicates removed from "playing now"  (Read 1653 times)

KENZO

• Recent member
Can't get duplicates removed from "playing now"
« on: October 20, 2021, 12:51:52 pm »

I have numerous drives in the library and sometimes I have multiple copies of a CD on different drives.  When I select an album to play, the dup songs end up in "playing now" and the menu item under playing now to remove duplicates doesn't work to remove them. 
Is this because the paths to the identical songs are different? 
Is there a way to remove the duplicate songs that reside in different paths?
Or maybe there is some other setting I need for this to work?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Can't get duplicates removed from "playing now"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 02:09:47 pm »

If they're different paths (even though same title and artist), Media Center doesn't perceive them as duplicates.  This protects different versions.

Someone might can come up with an expression for you that will look for same title, same artist.

KENZO

• Recent member
Re: Can't get duplicates removed from "playing now"
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 02:21:49 pm »

Any chance the "remove duplicates from playing now"  could be enhanced to support user selectable columns for the comparisons?  In a search about removing duplicates from playing now I see the same issue I have (duplicate songs in different drives/paths).  I personally would use the columns for filename, filetype, and size.

Since the existing function is only intended to remove songs from the playing queue there is no chance data will be lost forever if the user chooses the wrong columns for a comparison anyway.  This seems to be a common issue for a lot of folks.

thanks,
LT
Pages: [1]   Go Up