INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Compliments are nice to share  (Read 1663 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Compliments are nice to share
« on: October 28, 2021, 01:07:38 pm »

I wanted to complement you all on the progress you made on the Linux version. Until now I found the Linux version had too many issues to use on daily basis. Today is a good day, most of the issues and annoyances that kept me from using MC for Linux on a daily basis are resolved.

Just wanted to say well done, thanks for listening and putting up with us. You guys are awesome!

Lucifer

• Recent member
Re: Compliments are nice to share
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 04:17:17 am »

Totally agree with this post.

Very much appreciate the work from all involved in writing the software to supporting this forum.

Excellent work!

Thank you  :)

zetetic

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 07:37:08 pm »

Agreed.

...and thanks for implementing the Linux specific release notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 10:22:57 pm »

I'd also like to offer my thanks to all the devs (but especially bob!) for all their work on helping the Linux version get closer to feature parity.  I actually finally finished migrating my last HTPC (the one the family uses most) to Linux a few weeks ago because JRiver on Linux is now just as good (at least for our uses) as it is on Windows.  It's been really nice seeing the feature growth!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 09:27:15 am »

Thanks for that. Sometimes it's difficult to see the overall progress while trying to bring the linux version as close as possible to parity with the windows version.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 10:22:31 am »

MC is already the most powerful native graphical media management tool for Linux, so any improvements you make raise the bar for the entire ecosystem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up