INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto import bug with cue sheets gets stuck in a loop  (Read 1383 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto import bug with cue sheets gets stuck in a loop
« on: October 29, 2021, 09:33:32 am »

At least on my system  ;D

I restored a Windows MC28 Library backup on my Linux MC28.
I used find/replace library tool to change the windows path notation to Linux format, and replace the drive letter with the base path to the files.
I entered settings, changed all the settings with paths to their Linux variant on my system.

I ran import and it looked and worked fine. Audio plays fine.

The setting 'run auto import in the background' is turned on.

I had a view open based on panes with the base path of where files are located.
A few of my albums are a single file accompanied with a cue sheet. MC imports them as '\data\music\etc'. Notice the backslashes ...

I deleted them from the MC database, but after a few seconds this path re-appeared.
When I opened it to view the artist and albums, I noticed it is only the single file albums with cue sheets that do this.

When I selected an album, I saw a growing list of tracks for each album. Auto import was stuck in a loop, reimporting the cue sheets over and over every couple of seconds. After a few minutes there were several dozen of each track.

Deleting them had no effect, auto-import continued importing them in a loop. I disabled the import in the background and then it stopped.

I wanted to reproduce this without restoring the Windows backup, but when I closed MC, deleted the .jriver directory, and tried to restore the license it said it couldn't contact the server. Its been like that for the past 30 minutes or so. I'll try again later.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Auto import bug with cue sheets gets stuck in a loop
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 11:35:13 am »

It looks like this only happens after restoring MC28 for Windows on Linux.

After a reset of MC these single file albums with cue sheet are imported correctly.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 11:42:00 am »

One thing that needs manually changed when doing a cross platform library backup and restore is the Platform.jmd file under ~/.jriver/Media Center 28/Library/

The fact that it's still importing with the backslashes suggests the Platform.jmd maybe hasn't been changed.  I also had issues with endless reimports of the same file before I figured it out.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 12:10:34 pm »

That file bit me before, I forgot about that. I thought that was fixed ...  ?

Either way it was still on Windows. I changed it to Linux.

Now everything is importing with backslashes and everything is listed twice. At least its consistent.  ;D

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 12:14:36 pm »

It seems its cosmetic in the pane views. Files are found and play fine, and when I go to Library Tools/Rename and move, the files are actually listed correctly with forward slashes. The tickbox to convert Windows to Linux doesn't change anything (no changes under "new").

Edit:
Well not entirely cosmetic, this comes from my homedir, MC creates filenames called '\data\music\...'.

Code: [Select]
-rw-r--r--  1 user users 278K Oct 29 19:05 '\data\music\Dead Can Dance\[1990] Aion\Folder.jpg'
-rw-r--r--  1 user users  42K Oct 29 19:05 '\data\music\Dead Can Dance\[1984] Dead Can Dance\Folder.jpg'
-rw-r--r--  1 user users  85K Oct 29 19:05 '\data\music\Dead Can Dance\[1984] Garden Of The Arcane Delights\Folder.jpg'
-rw-r--r--  1 user users 159K Oct 29 19:05 '\data\music\Dead Can Dance\[1993] Into The Labyrinth\Folder.jpg'
-rw-r--r--  1 user users 168K Oct 29 19:05 '\data\music\Dead Can Dance\[1988] The Serpent'\''s Egg\Folder.jpg'
Pages: [1]   Go Up