INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.133 beta  (Read 14963 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.133 beta
« on: March 21, 2003, 11:31:58 am »

Media Center 9.0.133 beta is available.    

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90133.exe

1. Changed: MC will no longer attempt to save tag changes to a playing file -- changes will be applied once file stops or program closes.
2. Changed: MC will return from full-screen after finishing / stopping if it automatically jumped to full-screen when playback started.
3. NEW: Added ability to acquire images from digital cameras.
4. Changed: Can now select a scanner independently of scanning.
5. Changed: Added Shift+Insert as a paste accelerator.
6. NEW: Retooled right-click menu -- basically nothing more than one level deep, with most recently used at the top.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
Re: Media Center 9.0.133 beta
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 12:48:30 pm »

1st.. I Like the new
Retooled right-click menu -- basically nothing more than one level deep, with most recently used at the top.

Under Edit..You could remove Properties (it's on the first screen.

Also Under Edit  .. I don't see that Delete fits well (my vote would be to the first screen.  

and:
Just a small (I hope) request from one of the lazy folks.

If it is easy, can you please remember my last choice when I delete a file, if I choose delete, and send to recycle bin, then make that my default for the next use.

I don't need it remember between program loads only for this session.

I use the mouse (I know I can hit SHIFT DELETE)... just a lazy request. Not a big deal.  
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 12:55:17 pm »

YAY!!!!!! Slideshow works again ...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 01:10:14 pm »

I love the new menus. The only thing I'd change (and it's pretty small) is that I'd add the words "Send To:" in that greyed out "instructions" text that I've seen you use before, above all of the Send To items. Just to clarify what those options are supposed to do for the new user.

And you could actually probably just move Rating out of that group all together and put it in it's own. But it wouldn't really matter either way.

RemyJ

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 01:48:39 pm »

6. NEW: Retooled right-click menu -- basically nothing more than one level deep, with most recently used at the top.

Much better!  Thanks!!!
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

nila

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 02:34:37 pm »

Wahey ! - Matt, Your a GEM :)

LoL - Love the add cover art menu - it's as long as the main one nearly :)
Talk about choice.
Love ya dude - soooo much faster now for tasks :)

I cant see a way to make this text small so I'll just wisper it - any possibility of making the CD, DVD, Handheld - smart so that if we only have a burner it just goes into the top level? (remember this is in small print like a wisper) - if it's hard then ignore it - if it's easy then it'd be nice :)

BUG
  • The underline on the menu's etc only appears when I press Alt - I have this setting disabled in XP but it's still happening in MJ.
  • All the icons in the My Computer tree still have black round the side and dont look clean.
  • Renaming files from properties template - I have MJ set to display '#' instead of 'Track #' as a # is more the size of the data - MJ installs with 'Track #' as the template though every time and it obviously doesn't work. Possibly make MJ detect any changed field names and change the template to match the changed names?

Requests
  • Auto remember previous templates is nice but would request a way to delete entries (ie the ones that no longer work etc).
  • Ability to add 'Categories' for the information type (I plan to use MJ to for all my friends series and so would LOVE to be able to group all the fields appropriate to this in one category (Series, Episode, Description) and do the same with my music videos (choreographer, dancers, artist, etc all into one category) to save any category from getting way too clustered with any fields I enter.

Question
    The top of my menu used to be 'Play'- now it's changed to 'CD, DVD, Handheld - I used the 'Play' sub-menu and so this became the most recently used one yet it's still got burner as the top item?
    I cleared the burner list and it's also still there.
    Now if the Burn CD playlist had songs in it I'd understand this behaviour - right now I cant quite understand what it's doing?
    I'd also request that 'Play' always be a top level item right at the top :)

Also (this is also just wispered), any chance of graphics in the menu's to add a quick visual reference to items?

Lovely work :) - v9 is progressing v. nicely :)

Oh yeah - just wondering - you said previously that you planned to implement graphical rating - is this still in the pipeline or has it been dropped for v9?

nila

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2003, 02:37:20 pm »

Bug
  • I have: 'Properties' at both the top and bottom of my menu now in the top level.

MachineHead

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 02:51:49 pm »

Nice job.

Small visual bug remains: Gridlines do not align with column tabs. Non-skinned...

And, a request: Is there alot involved in adding the command 'Collapse Tree' when a right click is done over the tree? Growing library results in a lot of scrolling, in some cases, to get to a different node.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 02:55:32 pm »

I very much like the re-tooled menus.  Much props, guys!

I can't wait to try MC out with my digital camera... that was a wholly unexpected feature -- never even saw it coming!

And also, thank you very much for the new "TV Options" section in the main options page.  This is something that I've been hoping for for a long time.

Sorry this isn't a bug report as it is a "happy customer" report.  Hope y'all don't mind.  :D

Nila, use [ size = 1 ] text [ / size ] (without the spaces) to type very small and whisper-like.  

Italics make it even better
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

rocketsauce

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2003, 03:03:18 pm »

Nice job on the right-click menu. :) I'll put my vote in, though, for moving Delete to the main menu rather than a sub-menu.

Also, really appreciate the Quick Find support added a couple of builds ago for finding folder.jpg.

Rob

nila

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 03:14:56 pm »

thanks for that!
LOVE the menu's and the Quick Find Image tool

Ooh :) Request:
  • Option to copy cover art to the Album's directory instead of having it in the central folder or to save it in the file's dir when it downloads it from the internet :)

BUG
  • Quick find isn't find a cover art for some songs - the song is in the same folder as another one with the cover art set and the art file is:

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 05:03:52 pm »

Download Manager crashes (again -- it happened a few builds back) when accessing "Options". Otherwise it works fine.

"Decode directly to disk" yields some strange track breaks. The disk as a whole plays from start to finish but the tracks are broken in the middle of songs. This gets worse toward the end of the disk. It doesn't happen when "Decode directly ..." is off.
I have a 40x CD-RW. Generic.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

BigAl

• Recent member
  • ...You wanna what???
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2003, 08:50:14 pm »

? Something changed between 129 and 133 regarding secure ripping (I use APE compression too).  The "Media Center" process used to consume 20% of the CPU during the rip and I could quite happily playback from the Media Library simultaneously.  Since I installed 133, Media Center consumes 75-90% of the CPU and plaback is impaired due to the APE decompress process not getting enough CPU time.

Makes for very boring Sat night rip sessions (i'll have to watch CNN instead). :(

Media Center Registered 9.0.133 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 360 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3502.1000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3502.5332
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2003, 12:21:00 am »

- When in Full Hairstyle Mode (22009,3), it is not possible to switch to Full Visualisation mode (22009,2) via the new MCC commands, it stays in Full Hairstyle Mode.

- Can't we have the option back to put the toolbar on the second line underneath the menu ? all my icons won't fit on it now.

- Now we have the option in the right click menu to export a playlist if we clicked a playlist in the treeview. Can we have this for every item in the tree ?

- Using Date Created in a custom made view scheme for my images doesn"t show anything and grouping them does not work either.

- Copy/Paste songs from one library to another doesn't work anymore

- When "Play" is selected in the option "Action to perform when media is inserted" does not work. It asks what to do, if I click "Play", it switches to the device and then pops up with "Please select files to play". As well as for Audio as DVD

- In search wizard : Media Type "Video" is gone, only "Audio" & "Image" is there

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2003, 12:22:46 am »

Bug:

When you open a main menu item, e.g. File, then move the mouse to another main menu item, e.g. Edit, the application titlebar flashes.

Also something strange is happening.   If you run your mouse a few times backwards/forwards over the main menu items while a menu is open then click on somewhere in the app you can see the menu item's flash as if it's going backwards thru a history of what's been opened.

Jim L

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2003, 01:09:23 am »

Hi,

Since I installed 9.0.133 I don't seem to be able to play any CDs from either of my drives (DVD-ROM and DVD-RW). MC says "buffering" and then just sits there.  :(

Everything was fine with previous installation (9.0.131). Anyone seen anything similar?

I'm running XP Home - any other information needed?

Also, I've just got a Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard which has Play/Pause/Next Track buttons, etc. Anyone know if there's any way to get the keyboard to work with MC?

BTW, MC is great, keep up the good work!  ;D

TIA,
Jim

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2003, 02:11:04 am »

I'm getting the same buffering problem when trying to play CDs.

Ripping works fine.

Also what happened to the search function. I can't find an Icon and there is only the Quick Search option.

When changing 2 133 all menu settings reverted to standard.

nila

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2003, 02:18:22 am »

BUG
  • Quick find cover art not working:
    Artist: (multiple artist)
    Album: 8 Mile

Cover filename in same dir as songs: (both of these)
    Folder.jpg
    00-va-8_mile_(retail)-2002-front-lb.bmp

It's not finding either :(

Request
  • for library tools - Export to Playlist. (and have it open as the start location in the same folder as the files selected)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2003, 03:26:23 am »

2. Changed: MC will return from full-screen after finishing / stopping if it automatically jumped to full-screen when playback started.

Slide Show:
OK, this works now with one exception for slide-shows. When setting Jump on play to "Playing now (always)" the following happens:

Case 1: Start a slide show from media library in mega-me mode. At the end of the slide-show control returns to media library in mega-me mode. This is OK, as it is expected behaviour!
Case 2: Start a slide show in the same way as above, but during the slide-show switch to full-screen. At the end of the show control returns to Hairstyle!!! This is not what one would expect in this case, but rather a return  of control to media library, either remaining in full-screen or resetting full-screen to mega-me, but certainly not Hairstyle!

Bear in mind that when using case 2 you are usually doing any kind of work on your content (editing tags, importing new media, resizing, testing  etc.) and don't need and want Hairstyle in such a moment! Hairstyle is a playback mode and it should be the user's decision whether he wants to switch to that mode!

Cover-Art:
What is the function "Quick find in File/Cover Art directory" supposed to do? In my case nothing happens! What is the difference to "Get from Internet>Offline"?.  

Right click menu:
Much better now! I notice that there is some dependency on the media type in the right click menu, like "Resize",  "Rotate" and "Set as Background" for images.
Well, there should be some more consistency, like: "Cover Art" is probably not needed with images! So it should not appear there!
There should also be a dependency on the view mode like: "Edit Selected Field" in Thumbnail mode is doing nothing! So it should not be there!

Select Scanner:
Nothing happens here!

MachineHead

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2003, 04:14:58 am »

Tools > Skin Manager > "Click".

Focus is not retained. Gets buried under MC.

Also doesn't release focus of toolbar.

Example:

File > Library > Library Manager > Exit

File button on toolbar still being shown retaining focus (raised - 3d).

michel

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2003, 04:19:03 am »

1. Changed: MC will no longer attempt to save tag changes to a playing file -- changes will be applied once file stops or program closes.

It is the case also if the playing file is "stopped" (so no more playing); there is no reason. And in this case changes are not saved at all (if I am not wrong).

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2003, 04:39:52 am »

I had problems installing this version & 9.0.132.  Am getting the following error screens...

"Errors Encounted While Performing the Operation.
Look at the information window for more details."

But there were no more details.

This happens about 1/4 of the way through the initial Setup screen.

131 will install ok but 132 & 133 won't.

I did an un-install of MC & re-tried installing 133, the 132... still get the same error screen. 131 installed just fine.

Any ideas?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2003, 05:33:46 am »

When recording audio, the extension is lowercase.  When ripping CDs, the extension is uppercase.

It should all be lowercase (or an option should be made to choose between the two).
Toast goes in the toaster.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2003, 05:38:37 am »

Followup on can't install 132 & 133.

* Un-installed 131.
* Removed all references in the Win XP Registry for JRiver, Media Center, & Media Jiukebox.
* Rebooted computer.
* Ran Norton Win Doctor to clean all bad references.
* Re-booted computer.

132 & 133 still will not install but 131 will.

HELP!!!
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Agilityman

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2003, 05:38:39 am »

This 9.0.133 beta still won't play back mp4 audio files.  

Still get "Please select file(s)" error message, no matter what I do.  

Other file types play fine, and the same mp4 files play fine in Winamp 2.81, Windows Media Player 9, and FooBar.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2003, 05:46:39 am »

So, exactly how am I supposed to "add to playing now (replace)"?
I used this 10-15 times a day, but it's apparently no longer an option?

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2003, 06:19:53 am »

Did a secure mpc rip of one song. Report said 100% perfect. The result is horrible with scratches and stuff for the first 20 seconds.

Did it one more time, same song, report said 100% and the result was perfect. ??

MC crashed without apparent reason after 3 minutes, when opening this version for the first time.

Media Center Registered 9.0.133 -- C:\Programmer\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1808 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W2410A   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2003, 08:39:23 am »

Bug:  In the "Available Channels" list of the TV Tuner, channels now appear in alphabetical order, rather than in channel order.  Thusly:

Channel 96
Channel 97
Channel 98
Channel 99
Comedy Central   (Actually channel 60)
Fox News Channel   (Actually channel 48)

mjextman.exe /ipodsync

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2003, 09:06:13 am »

Can't play WMA files, they are not encoded with DRM or even i don't have WMP9 installed, also i unnistalled in MC and registry all that is about Wma in MC, then i went to the encoder plugins page and downloaded the Encoder for Wma ( it says 4*** Mb it only downloaded 256 kb and instaled sucseesfully, funny isn't? ) sorry for the bad english

Media Center Registered 9.0.133 -- C:\Programas\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1716 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 117 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3502.1000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3502.5332
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: HP       CD-Writer+ 8200a   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Made in Portugal

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2003, 09:11:42 am »

The Wma encoder don't work also, i returned to V 90124 but this built don't have the encoder built in, went to the encoder plugins page and there is a version from 18 this month, maybe this is the cause for the problem?
Made in Portugal

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2003, 10:35:07 am »

So, exactly how am I supposed to "add to playing now (replace)"?
I used this 10-15 times a day, but it's apparently no longer an option?

Wouldn't that be the same as "Play"?

It is the case also if the playing file is "stopped" (so no more playing); there is no reason. And in this case changes are not saved at all (if I am not wrong).

Any changes will get saved eventually -- on exit if nothing else.

Case 2: Start a slide show in the same way as above, but during the slide-show switch to full-screen. At the end of the show control returns to Hairstyle!!! This is not what one would expect in this case, but rather a return  of control to media library, either remaining in full-screen or resetting full-screen to mega-me, but certainly not Hairstyle!

Fullscreen is Hairstyle if nothing is playing.  So, if you switch to fullscreen and hit stop, you'll see Hairstyle.  We're not sure if this is good or not, but the blank screen we used to show isn't too helpful either.

Menu item X should be on the top level

Everybody uses different stuff.  Hopefully the new system of showing the last things you did at the top of the menu will make it so it works slick, no matter what you use frequently.

Thanks everyone.

MachineHead

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2003, 01:02:52 pm »

BUG: Auto Smartlist...

Random -- One Data CD Worth

Select > Play > Jumps down the list without playing the first song in the list.

zevele10

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2003, 02:03:18 pm »

"Download Manager crashes (again -- it happened a few builds back) when accessing "Options". Otherwise it works fine. "

Same problem here

Another problem:

When a cd in one of the 2 drives ,a lot of time i got the pop-up:
"Media Center has detected a new Cd in drive X: but can't get the correct volume information.Please try to ejecting and reinserting the cd"
Eject and reinsert not giving any good.

PS: can you send me bugs with a SHORT text in the pop-up?
Than you.

Beside this 2 problems look like the "baby" is close to be  born

dragyn

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2003, 02:56:41 pm »

MC is doing something when closing. What is it doing?!? It'll sit there for like 3-5mins before it terminates the process. The memory sky rockets...90+MB?!? Holy moly, Rocky.

If it helps, I have a *cough*few*cough* thumbnails. That's about it.

Media Center Registered 9.0.133 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 52 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2003, 04:42:42 pm »

Wouldn't that be the same as "Play"?

huh? "Play" what? I'm talking about the right click menu, a function in MJ/MC for as long as I can remember, the "add to Play Now (replace)", comprendo?
It's gone. Just vanished. Anybody remember this or is Matt trying to make me think I'm looney?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I found it, yes it is now just "play", but I know for many a moon it used to say (replace) next to it :P...BTW the right click in the tree says "send to"> and the right click in the library shows "play">, but they are the same menu, essentially. Consistency of menus would be good.

Thanks,

WP

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2003, 04:45:40 pm »

Still Open:

1. Mp3's imported from a CD do not display images stored in the file during playback or in the database.

2. Can't seem to create a View Scheme that will show a CD of mp3's in the tree by Volume Name/Filename. Files on hard drives show correctly under this scheme but the CDs do not show the folders below the root at all.

3. When in window modde the file propertise window gets los under the Media center window when another track is clicked in the library. Should at least have an option for "Always on top".

4. Everytime Media Center opens it sets the volume for the "wave" output to maximum.

5. Resizing Media Center horizontally in mega-me mode intermittently causes album art being displayed in a visualization to revert to the the MJ Surfer. (Art is inside MP3 file)

Media Center Registered 9.0.133 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 3447 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 607 MB

Ripping /   Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive S:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive T:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive S: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-104    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive T: TDK      CDRW5200B          Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2003, 04:47:45 pm »

Use "play"

it seems this replaced Add to Playing now (replace)

i think it would be better as

"Send To Playing Now (Replace)"

whats even better is to fix it so it does not play the files when you send files to playing now (replace) or now "Play".

I wan't to send files to playing now but I do not to play them!
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2003, 05:57:15 pm »

BUG
  • I'm right clicking on files - choosing send to burner, and it's asking me what type of cd to make (audio of data). I'm then trying to send another one and it again asks me what type to make?? I click on the 'Burn CD' item in the menu and it asked again - yet when I get to the burn screen, its got like 5 or 6 files there already :(
  • 'Sticky' top of menu isn't always displaying the last menu item used. - It's new thou so this is to be expected - LOVELY JOB!!!

QUESTION
  • 'Properties' - Should this also be made sticky? It's already a top level item and so having it sticky means that it can then appear up to 3 times in the menu system - seems a bit excessive.

nila

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2003, 06:06:19 pm »

REQUEST
- Begging for this :- After a burn, please give an option to either NOT automatically clear the burn list or enable us to set an option to automatically save the burn list to a Playlist group called: 'Burnt CDs' or possibly just have a prompt come up saying: Do you wish to save this playlist? After the burn finishes before it clears so that it mimic's any other program when you try to exit them without saving your work.
- Seperate the filename and the file directory names - I know it's late in the game but this is quite important for the following reasons:
  • Means the filename field wont have to be as long as all the other fields put together as it would no longer include the dir.
  • Searches can be specified much more easily specifically for folders rather than files
  • With the new 'Send to External Program' command - we can send mp3 directories to external programs rather than just single files - gives it a LOT more power.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2003, 01:35:22 am »

I can neither play cds nor rip with this build... here are the exact messages when trying to rip...

1. [Informatin box] Open Drive failed.  parameter is out of range.  I click Okay.

2. [Error box] Read Track failed.  Drive is not opened.  I click Okay.

3. [Warning box] Would you like to keep trying furtehr tracks.  Yes or No.  I click Yes.  The process repeats again

For playing it simply says waiting...

AMD Athlon 1548 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 129 MB

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive G: MITSUMI  CR-48X9TE          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

The only thing that has changed here since the last build was I cahnged the DVD Region but would not have thought that would have affected CD Audio or ripping...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2003, 01:38:56 am »

Just noticed a menu slip...  The new locate menu says locate inside Media Jukebox rather than Media Center.  I guess old habits die hard ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2003, 05:52:27 am »

Some items aren't sticking themselves into the MRU list. Move\Copy Disk File for one.

I'm trying to edit the tags of some avi & wmv files and everytime I change something, MC attempts to download some plugin, which always fails. As a result I have to click OK twice on any tag change I make on these files.

Marko

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2003, 06:28:29 am »

Scrolling does not work as expected when MC is skinned.....

Choose to disable skins....
when the wheel is scrolled, whichever pane the cursor is over will scroll. This is expected and good....

Apply a megame skin however and this functionality is lost, requiring a click inside the pane you wish to scroll before it will scroll.

This can be a real PITA, any chance it might be fixed before the final release?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2003, 08:33:34 am »

I wan't to send files to playing now but I do not to play them!

Try Options -> General -> [X] Start playing when files added to playing now

MC is doing something when closing. What is it doing It'll sit there for like 3-5mins before it terminates the process. The memory sky rockets...90+MB Holy moly, Rocky.

If it helps, I have a *cough*few*cough* thumbnails. That's about it.

What does a "few" mean?  MC does cleanup any cached data / thumbnails so no un-imported data remains.  Maybe start another thread on this so we can investigate.

Everytime Media Center opens it sets the volume for the "wave" output to maximum.

Options -> Startup -> Optimize volume

It's a long story, but basically you'll get better S/N ratios if you maximize the wave volume and then run the master.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2003, 01:54:14 pm »

Quote:I wan't to send files to playing now but I do not to play them!  

Try Options -> General -> [X] Start playing when files added to playing now

matt, it does not matter if you have that option checked or unchecked. MC9 always plays the music.

this bug was posted before
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2003, 02:11:39 pm »

Cannot rip with this build.  "Failed to Extract Digital Audio."

Intel Pentium III 513 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 99 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2003, 03:28:35 pm »

upsss never mind i manage to play Wam files, it's necessary to have wmp9 instaled :-[ sorry  :)
Made in Portugal

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2003, 05:15:20 pm »

- when sorted by autoalbumartist, (multiple artists) is not sorted correctly.

- tooltips for (multiple artists) contain one of the artists in the list, rather then multiple artists (or the corresponding artist for each song)

- the new right click design is great. Locate tool, should be structured just like playlist (sendto).

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2003, 06:35:55 pm »

Note: Struck through bugs have been fixed since my last bug post. The number in (parenthesis) is the build first reported.

BIG ISSUES:
- (129) Unable to click on top level of a view scheme. Selection bar just jumps back to "Media Library". You can still select a View Scheme Group (eg. "Audio").

- (126) MCC_TREE_ADD_CD_FOLDER crashes MC.

- (126) When upgrading 129, I received several errors when the plugins were being installed (doing a "Custom" install). For example, "Installing APE plugin"--Error dialog: "Failed to install package. More info: none." This happened for all the plugin in this sequence (APE, CDA, MP3, MPC, Vorbis, WAV, WMA etc.) If I uninstall the existing program (w/registry entries), the subsequent install doesn't give this problem.

- (126) After installing builds 125, 126 & 129, my registration has been lost. It's cost me only 1 restore so far, but maybe it's symptomatic of a bigger problem.
More info: this apparently happened to me when I chose to uninstall the previous version & remove the registry keys. When installing over the top of an existing install, the information was retained (but other problems meant I had to clean install, so I found this...)

- (126) DVD-CD/RW still not recognized (Toshiba SR-1202).

- (126) When exiting Party Mode, playback stops and Playing Now is cleared.

CONTROL ISSUES:
- (129) MCC 22009,2--there's no way to jump directly to FS (Viz).
Update: As further reported, this only happens while in Hairstyle. Mini/Mega are able to jumpt to FS (Viz.)

- (126) MCC_UPDATE_VIS doesn't appear to do anything. What's it supposed to do?

- (126) MCC_SET_PAUSE doesn't appear to do anything. What's it supposed to do?

- (126) MCC_PLAY_CPLDB_INDEX (10015) should probably fail silently if passed a sequence number outside of the Playing Now playlist. Dismissing the resulting dialog interrupts the remote-ness of the experience.

- (126) MCC_PROPERTIES opens the Properties window just fine, but there's no way to close it. Can the command be a toggle--or even better, add another command to discretely close the window? The "ALT-Enter" keyboard shortcut does toggle the Properties window, but the MCC command does not.

- (126) There are no ways to accept or dismiss dialog boxes remotely. Can there be "OK" and "Cancel" commands?

- (126) MCC_HELP_HOWTO_MANAGE_PLAYLISTS & MCC_HELP_HOWTO_VIEW_SCHEMES & their menu commands brought up a "Page cannot be displayed" error

- (126) MCC_TREE_IMPORT brings up the "Import Media" dialog. This appears to be duplicate of MCC_IMPORT.

- (126) MCC_TREE_RIP gives me the error "No audio files selected for copying". Is this only effective when you've got actual media loaded in your drive?

- (126) MCC_CLEAR_PLAYING_NOW removes the currently playing track as well as everything else. Can there be an option/additional command to retain the currently playing track?

- (126) MCC_LIST_IMPORT & MCC_LIST_REMOVE_ORDER don't appear to do anything. What are they supposed to do?

- (126) MCC_LOCATE_FILE does really odd things when using the index numbers. "-1" & "-2" work fine. The other index numbers don't seem to have any rhyme or reason. I tried the numbers 0-4 sequentially and very different view schemes were activated each time. They jumped around and were not in any indexed order (ie. Parameter "0"=view scheme #5; Parameter "1"=view scheme #3, etc.) What is supposed to happen? Also, the documentation actually says "0-n: view scheme index"--is this right?

- (126) MCC_ARTIST_INFO opens the artist information in a separate web browser window instead of within MC--but the tree choice opens the information internally. The inconsistency seemed odd to me.

- (126) There doesn't appear to be a difference between MCC_SHOW_RUNNING_MC and MCC_SHOW_WINDOW--is there supposed to be?

[continued...]

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2003, 06:39:47 pm »

[...continued]

OTHER THINGS:
- (129) "Download More Skins" from the install program puts you right into MC. The Install Wizard doesn't show the downloaded skin & everything ends up behind the web browser. It also shows my existing library (without asking if I want to upgrade, etc.)

- (129) Although the install process seems to complete normally, adding a skin during that process results in oddities in the skin manager. Opening it up shows "Z" as the active skin (although the one you downloaded is actually active).

- (129) Setting ratings directly with the MCC commands only works for the active "playing" file. If playing now is empty, your selection in the list view will not accept the rating command. If playing now is populated, there must be a track active--even if it isn't playing. Also, I couldn't find the keyboard accelerators for the rating commands.

- (126) The tops & bottoms of long menus have Arrows showing to make you think there are more choices--however, the arrows are actually black so that they look active. I think it would be better to not have arrows in that case.

- (126) The "Locate" command should be hierarchical with regards to the view schemes, like the other new menu structure.

- (126) The "Delete" button stays highlighted after deleting a playback zone (both when the deletion succeeds and when it fails).

- (126) The Help->How To->Configuration menu choice makes it sound like there is more configuration available there. How about "Setting Up", or removing the separator above it.

- (126) The Help menu shows lots of "dialog elipsis" (eg. "..."). I usually expect that to bring up a dialog box--not a help page.

- (126) In general, the "More Options" and "Even More Options" hierarchical menu names are intimidating :) More descriptive names would be great...

- (126) MCC_RENAME command buggy: First, you can't tell if you are focused to edit in the tree or edit in the list. Second, when you've manually selected to focus the list, the command activates the first column field for editing (except for the Seq.#). It doesn't matter if it's the Name, the Artist, the Track, etc.

- (126) MCC_MINIME toggling works oddly: It toggles from any other view to Mini-Me, and subsequent activations toggle back to Mini, then to Mega. I expected it to toggle between Mini & the original view (be it Mega, Full, or Hair).

- (126) MCC_FULLSCREEN toggling works oddly: It toggles to FS, then to Hair, then to Mini or Mega (which ever had been active). Again, I expected it to toggle between the original view and FS. Also, this appears to be a duplicate of MCC_TOGGLE_FULLSCREEN

- (126) Reshuffle drawing oddity: When you select a track other than the first one in list view & execute the command, you end up with 2 selection bars.

- (126) When dragging column in the list window to reorder them, the list window doesn't scroll, so you have to move columns around bit by bit, using the horizontal scroll bar to adjust each time.

OLD BUGS:
- (126) Can't multi-select in tree pane of mega-me.

- (126) Naming a playlist, group, smarlist, etc. yields redraw artifacts (the default name is not erased while typing over)

REQUESTS:
- (126) Multiple filters: It would be killer to be able to apply multiple filters. I realize you can setup a smartlist to filter all kinds of things, but I would like to play from the media library--then say "Don't play Christmas music and Only play Rock tracks with Ratings of 4 or higher". Right now, I have to create a single smartlist to do this. It would be great to just apply existing Smartlists as filters (no Xmas music smartlist, yes Rock genre smartlist, yes Favorites smartlist).

Keep up the good work everyone!
Brad

--------

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)

Intel Pentium 4 1811 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 387 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up