INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld - Sync  (Read 2001 times)

amsco15

• World Citizen
Handheld - Sync
« on: November 23, 2021, 09:03:02 am »

This must be old hat for most here but heck if I can figure out how to successfully sync a Playlists full of songs to my iPhone.  Ultimately, I want to convert FLAC files in my library to ALAC files for syncing to my iPhone without using iTunes. Many questions:

• Do I have to be at the server to sync my iphone?  Can I sync while connected to the server remotely?
  • If I select (options>handheld) to convert to ALAC I receive a file not supported error.
  • If I select AIFF, things look better and the iPhone shows all the songs listed "in queue."  However, selecting "sync now" ultimately ends up with an "error" for each song.
  • I created a file directory for audio path under music called iPhone Transfer.
  • I tried adding ALAC and m4a under the supported types.
  • I have iTunes installed on the computer.  Is it involved in this process in anyway?  I'd like to avoid dragging the converted files to iTunes and syncing to my phone through iTunes (isn't that the point of this feature)?
  • I tried running the process using mp3 as the conversion with the same result as AIFF: successfully queue's the songs, each song in the playlist shows downloading, then uploading, then error.
  • Edit:  I added a * to the Supported Types and the ALAC unique issue goes away.  Now the same thing that occurs with AIFF and mp3 occurs with the sync process ultimately ending in error.
  • Edit: another one, iphone support is selected under options>general

Thanks for any help.

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
Re: Handheld - Sync
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 12:29:02 pm »

amsco15

• World Citizen
Re: Handheld - Sync
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 01:32:57 pm »

Thanks.  I see the topic has been moved.  I have also found this link (at the top of this topic):

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,97847.0.html

Okay, there's no direct way to accomplish what I'd like through MC.  However, I still don't understand why the conversion of the playlist doesn't work and fails at upload.  I'll look into third party apps.  Fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up