INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profile priority in groups with OTA and IPTV channels  (Read 2788 times)

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
Profile priority in groups with OTA and IPTV channels
« on: November 25, 2021, 09:02:46 am »

I am extremely happy with the recent inclusion of IPTV rtsp within JRiver Televison.
My local internet provider box makes available most television channels on the local home network.
On the recording computer I am using a pair of OTA tuners also . I have grouped the OTA channels with the corresponding IPTV channel and the OTA channel is the anchor channel.
Howver most of the time JRiver chooses the IPTV channel for watching or recording even if the OTA tuners are idle. Although for good reasons, I would rather prefer to get the OTA tuners to always get the priority and use the IPTV only when the tuners  are busy.
How can I get this ?

I have another question : are the number of concurrent recordings of IPTV channels limited or how can I limit them ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Profile priority in groups with OTA and IPTV channels
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 01:31:27 pm »

I tried it myself and could not reproduce the behavior you described.  I grouped an OTA channel with an IPTV channel and used the OTA one as anchor.  The OTA tuner is always used unless no OTA tuner is available.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 06:12:36 am »

Unfortunately I still have the problems with the tuner selection that you cannot repeat. Also I have a new one :
When I stop JRiver and media server and restart, then group 1 starts correctly OTA, group 2 starts correctly OTA but then group 3 refuse to start IPTV saying it is in conflict and no tuner available. I checked that the IPTV works independantly. Group 3 will sart OTA if I stop group 1 or group 2. On my side this problem is repeatable.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 08:34:26 am »

How many tuners do you have?  What model(s) are they?

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 06:53:37 pm »

I have one device with 2 tuners : Hauppauge WinTV-dual HD DVB bulk mode

I use windows 10 and the last edition of JRiver28.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 08:51:23 am »

Unfortunately I still have the problems with the tuner selection that you cannot repeat. Also I have a new one :
When I stop JRiver and media server and restart, then group 1 starts correctly OTA, group 2 starts correctly OTA but then group 3 refuse to start IPTV saying it is in conflict and no tuner available. I checked that the IPTV works independantly. Group 3 will sart OTA if I stop group 1 or group 2. On my side this problem is repeatable.

Please do a test:

Restart Media Server and MC.  Play an IPTV channel (not a grouped one, so we can get IPTV actually engaged).  Then repeat what you did before, by starting to record all three groups.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 10:03:21 am »

I have restarted JRiver and JRiver media server, then  started a channel with iptv only, then started  group1 it has started OTA, started group 2 it has started OTA, started group 3 which sarted nothing  until I stop the iptv only channel and then group 3 started on iptv correctly . Group 3 should have sarted iptv before. 
Then I stopped all channels and restarted all three groups, only one has started OTA and the 2 others started iptv instead of 2 OTA and 1 iptv . So in both case there is still some confusion.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 10:18:55 am »

OK.  I know what is going on with the group3 IPTV starting.  We just need to create a new IPTV object whenever we need one for recording (I have done that for live viewing, but forgot to do it for recording).  Correction:  I did it for simple cases of recording on a definite tuner type, but failed to take into consideration of grouped channels.

As to the other issue, I am not sure.  It sounds like an OTA tuner was not released properly, or was not released in quickly enough so MC detects it to be still in use.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 09:14:56 pm »

For your information Yaobing
More than 6 hours later without any recording, I have started group 1, group 2, group 3, and group 4, the 2 first one have started IPTV, the two last one OTA although it should have been the opposite.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 11:04:07 am »

I made the following fix yesterday:

Fixed: Recording on an OTA or other physical tuners could fail due to tuner conflicts, even though the channel was grouped with IPTV channels.

This fix will be in the next build (89 or higher).  Please test again when the build is out.

abrise

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2021, 11:38:32 pm »

I have downloaded the last version 28.0.92 and I have made a few test. Now OTA channels or IPTV are starting as expected.
Thank you very much Yaobing for having solved the problem.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 08:40:16 am »

It is good to know that it works now.  Thanks for reporting back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up