INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming Soon - V2.1 of the ET TrackInfo Plugins  (Read 3031 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Coming Soon - V2.1 of the ET TrackInfo Plugins
« on: November 29, 2021, 10:57:14 am »

After reading this thread - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131228.0.html

I thought I'd add a representation of the Standard Tag Window to my TrackInfo Plugins

And this is what I've come up with:-

The 1st Image is for the Advanced Tag Window and the 2nd one is for the Standard Track Window
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: Coming Soon - V2.1 of the ET TrackInfo Plugins
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 11:03:20 am »

There is also a New Skin/Colour Scheme coming - ET GreyLight for use with the Modern Cards Grey Edition and Twilight Skins
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 01:52:38 pm »

Very nicely done ET!  The author of the most comprehensive Track Info plug-ins strikes again.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 03:11:57 am »

While testing to make sure all the V2.1 variants were working correctly and displaying the right information in the right format I was doing some testing for Matt to help him work out why the "Twilight" Skin was Misbehaving" on my PC.
That work for Matt made me realise that the "ET Lightness" theme was a less than idel match for the "Twilight" and "ModernCards Grey" skins; so I created the "ET GreyLight".
It also became obvious that the "ET GreyLight" theme looked too light when the "Twilight" skin is in "NiteMode" so I've created a New Skin/Colour Theme:- "ET GreyNight" using the Background colours visible when Twilight is in "NightMode".

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 10:11:48 am »

First off, Nice Work!

Second, a question: I find that when I have it set to LYRICS, each time the track changes it reverts to the Track & Album Info pane requiring me to manually reset to Lyrics for every song.

Is this by design?
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 03:52:21 am »

Abra Cadabra

In some ways you could say the loading of the "Track + Album Info" page every time a new track starts was "By Design" but can be altered/changed by the Individual User.
Unlike most Structured Languages, like the ones MC uses, the User via a "settings panel" can control which "View" is to be shown on startup.
But for Browser and Browser Engines the "Name Of The First Page To Be Loaded" has to be "index.html"
Unlike with Skins and Views every time a New Track starts playing, or if you switch TrackInfo Plugins, the page named "index.html" will always be the one that gets displayed first.

For all except the Lyrics Only Variants of my TrackInfo Plugins it is the Track + Album Info Page that is named index.html
In the Lyrics Only Variants it is the Lyrics in 2 Colums with a Horizontal Scrollbar Page that is named index.html

Wilst changing which page gets loaded first is relatively easy it should be carried out very carefully as the same changes have to be made in evey HTML file that Variant Uses.
In the Lyrics Only Variants there are 4 HTML files in all the Other Variants there are 9 of them.
And, because Menu/NavBar has the Refresh Option/Button, in one of those HTML files one of the HTML filenames to be changed will occur twice.

Any changes made to a plugin that uses any combination of HTML, CSS and JavaScript should only be made to a copy of that plugin placed somewhere like the Documents Folder.
And should really only be done using a proper/advanced editor like Notepad++.

N.B. Unlike Skins where the folder name can be anything you like because the Skin Name, the thing MC uses to identify it, is set by the user/creator in the main.xml file; but for TrackInfo Plugins it is the Folder Name that gets used.
The 1st Action should be to Amend the Name of the Plugins Folder because the only way to test your new version is to Copy that Folder back to the Relevant MC Folder and if it has the same name as the Original it will Overwrite it.
Next you have to decide which page you want to be the one that gets loaded 1st and a suitable name for the "Track + Album Info" page

The quickest way of finding out the names of all the HTML files the installed version is using is to open 1 of the HTML files in Notepad++
The HTML file names are in the topnav section that starts at Line 25 and ends at Line 46 and are everything between href="TRACKINFO_OPENPAGE_ and ">

Let's assume you want the "Lyrics in 2 Colums with a Horizontal Scrollbar" is the one you want as the 1st page to load and that you want to name the "Track + Album Info" page trackalbum.html.

The 1st edit you need to do is replace every occurrence of index.html with the New Name you want to assign to the "Track + Album Info" page, i.e. trackalbum.html.
Then you replace every occurrence of the file name of the Page you want to be the first to load, including the .html extension, with index.html

One nice thing about Notepad++ is that if you have all the HTML files the plugin uses open in Notepad++ you can tell it to Replace index.html with trackalbum.html in All Open Documents.

P.S. - Don't forget to tell the editor to Save every HTML file you edit/modify because if you forget you will end up with unmodified files in your folder

Then in windows explorer rename index.html to the new name you used when editing the HTML files, i.e. trackalbum.html.
Then rename the File for the Page you now want as the 1st one to get loaded to index.html.

Finally copy the Folder your modified version is in to the relevant MC Folder and start testing it in MC.

If you need to go back and make any changes to your modified version you don't have to rename the folder the modified version is in.
Once you have finished your edits when you copy it to the relevant MC Folder the "corrected" version will replace/overwrite the "eroneous" one.

NOTE - If you overwrite and existing TrackInfo Plugin with a New/Edited Version and MC is using that Plugin the New Version will not get used until the Next Track Starts Playing.
If you want to see what effect your changes have while the current track is playing made simply switch to another TrackInfo Plugin and then Back to the one you want to use/test.

If you, or anybody else, wanted to you can even change the order of the Options on the Menu/Navbar, making sure you make exactly the same changes in every HTML file the Plugin Uses.

Whilst I would prefer not to spend time and energy creating and testing "1 off Customised Versions" of my Plugins if you find the above too daunting then send me an email stating which "Page" you would prefer to be the one that gets loaded first and which Plugin, or Plugins, you would like those changes made in I will make those changes and send you the Modified Plugins.
You will find my email address in the comments section at the top of every file each plugin variant uses.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 06:20:08 am »

Good day,

Thank you for taking the time for this extensive post. I appreciate you efforts and will follow the process you have laid out.

Thanks again

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 06:05:08 am »

Hopefully you will find it reasonably easy to do but watch out - Customising TrackInfo Plugins can become addictive  ;D

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 06:58:53 am »

OK, thanks again.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 06:07:35 am »

Abbra Cadabbra

Your wanting to Have one of the Lyrics Pages and Not the Track + Album Info Page as the page that gets loaded when MC switches Tracks really got me thinking about my own useage of my TrackInfo plugins.

When I'm checking for Missing, Incomplete, Badly Structured and/or Wrong Lyrics in Non-Classical Tracks i tend to use one of the Lyrics Only Variants.
But for Classical Music where I'm usually checking to see if all the Tagas are in the Correct Format, especially the Track Name which is AutoParsed to extract the Composition Name, Composer's Catalogue Number and the Movement Information; I use either one of the Classical or Ultimate Variants.

I realised that was not the most Efficient use of those Plugins and realised, thanks to your request, that I could do both tasks more efficiently using a Variant that satisfied your request .

The good news for you is that you won't have to redo the changes you may have made to your Current Version when V2.1 is released; Because I've created yet another New Variant - Ultimate II TrackInfo.

The differences between Ultimate TrackInfo and Ultimate II TrackInfo are:
I've switched the positions of "Track + Album Info" and  "Lyrics", and it's Dropdown Menu, on the Nav/MenuBar.
The Page for "Lyrics in 2 Columns with Horizontal Scrollbar" and not the "Track + Album Info" Page is the one that gets loaded/displayed first when MC Starts Up or Switches Tracks.

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 06:42:00 am »

Good Day English Tiger,

Wow, that is unexpected but highly appreciated.

My only question now is what am I to do with all the time I had allotted for this project on the weekend    ;D

Thanks for all your great works here.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2021, 09:34:09 am »

The Menu/NavBar has been moved down the page/screen in "Display View" to prevent it being obstructed by the Player/Controls Window when Display View is in FullScreen Mode.

https://pix01.jriver.com/gallery/F9555BD5-69F7-4CF4-AE7C-C7452A4346FA/New_Display_View/

Pages: [1]   Go Up