INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art in media file  (Read 617 times)

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover Art in media file
« on: December 04, 2021, 12:23:50 pm »

I have run in to an issue with adding the cover art to the media files. On my Linux installs (docker on NAS and package on rPi4), when I try to "add file from folder" I select the file and MC starts the process indicating "Saving tag changes (xx remaining)" but then gets stuck and does not count down until done as it used to do. I waited over an hour and then restarted MC.
On the iMAc it worked and and on the MacBook it doesn't do anything, not even start the process.
I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the Folder name where the media reside contains a special character (ä, as in Händel). When trying to select the file in the browser that comes up on the MacBook, Händel is displayed as
Ha ndel) and can not be further drilled into as selecting it with double click or <Enter> doesn't do anything. I can add the correct path for the Artwork but still nothing happens.
As all the media files are located on the NAS I was expecting that after I added the art on the iMac successfully that this change in the media files would recognized by the other MC installs but that doesn't seem to happen.
Any help or insight is highly appreciated.
EDIT: SOLVED
It was a permissions issue. All set now, sorry to bother
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro
Pages: [1]   Go Up