INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Detached Display on Mac?  (Read 666 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Detached Display on Mac?
« on: December 06, 2021, 09:01:44 am »

I'm running the latest MC28.0.89 on an M1 Macbook pro.  I've got the laptop and two external displays running.

I thought it would be neat to show cover art on the laptop screen, full screen, and have MC on another screen showing Now Playing and the rest of the user interface.

I did "detach display" with the right click menu, and then with Command-6.  Both actions resulted in the cover art disappearing, but no detached window.  I don't think it's there because using Mission Control, I don't see the window anywhere.  I tried this on the laptop display and on one of the external displays and got similar results.  Double clicking in the main window, or using Command-6 brings back the cover art.

Is this feature supported on Mac?

Thanks,
Brian.

bob

• Administrator
Re: Detached Display on Mac?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 09:32:38 am »

I'm running the latest MC28.0.89 on an M1 Macbook pro.  I've got the laptop and two external displays running.

I thought it would be neat to show cover art on the laptop screen, full screen, and have MC on another screen showing Now Playing and the rest of the user interface.

I did "detach display" with the right click menu, and then with Command-6.  Both actions resulted in the cover art disappearing, but no detached window.  I don't think it's there because using Mission Control, I don't see the window anywhere.  I tried this on the laptop display and on one of the external displays and got similar results.  Double clicking in the main window, or using Command-6 brings back the cover art.

Is this feature supported on Mac?

Thanks,
Brian.
I get a tiny very difficult to resize window.
I've been trying to figure out how to implement it properly which is why it's there.
It wasn't present on earlier MC's.
The main issue is that the Mac doesn't have the concept of the root window and so I can't reparent it to the root window like linux and Windows.
So once it's it's detached I haven't been able to figure out how to get controls like resizing, etc to work.

blgentry

Re: Detached Display on Mac?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 10:00:18 am »

Hmm.  I can't find the window at all.  But I guess that doesn't matter since you are in progress on a solution.

If you get it figured out that would be neat.  But if not, no big deal for me.

Thanks for responding,
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up