INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRVR settings on Mac vs Windows  (Read 990 times)

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
JRVR settings on Mac vs Windows
« on: December 07, 2021, 01:21:06 pm »

Will the Mac version of MC 28 get the HDR10 passthrough settings for the JRVR that Windows currently has?

I've got an M1 Mac mini set up to a 2021 4K Sony OLED TV, and it streams video content from my Windows MC 28 server. All works very well with standard video content.

UHD HDR10 content looks like the gamma setting is off and colours are shifted, and though I can tweak the renderer gamma and HDR settings that are there, but the results are never quite right with colour saturation, brightness, or indeed the overall video tones.

As an aside--is there any documentation on any of those settings yet?

Profiled to a very similar colour space (ARGB) and white balance (D65), the Windows version of the same media played on MC28 works well with the passthrough enabled.

So will the MC 28 Mac OS version be able to handle the same content soon? 

Mac OS = Monterey
Windows = Win 11     

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRVR settings on Mac vs Windows
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 03:07:46 pm »

Will the Mac version of MC 28 get the HDR10 passthrough settings for the JRVR that Windows currently has?

Probably not anytime soon. HDR on anything but Windows is barely supported by the OS, and without OS support we can't really do anything much.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRVR settings on Mac vs Windows
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 03:21:06 pm »

Probably not anytime soon. HDR on anything but Windows is barely supported by the OS, and without OS support we can't really do anything much.

Thanks Hendrik! Looks like I'll need to make adjustments at the TV level for now. JRVR still looks much better than the legacy OpenGL renderer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up