INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 Playback problem with 5 Channel (4.1) Flac  (Read 1594 times)

joeMC-1

• Recent member
MC23 Playback problem with 5 Channel (4.1) Flac
« on: December 08, 2021, 12:23:40 pm »

I searched the forum but could not find an answer to the following problem. I have extracted audio tracks from a Quadraphonic album originally encoded in 24/96 DTS-HD Master format (4.1 channels) on Bluray. According to the Mediainfo app, the channel layout on the extracted flac files is L R LFE Ls Rs. When I play this through MC with the output set to same as source channels, the sound is very low and it sounds as if the channels are mismatched, e.g., LFE directed to a speaker, channel(s) missing, etc..

When I set the output channels in MC to 4, the playback is hugely improved with the exception of low bass output (even with JRSS mixing active). Listening back to back with the original bluray disk, there is also a slight difference in overall sound quality, with the bluray channel separation being more pronounced. I have also tried setting the MC output channels to 5.1. The sound is identical to the 4 channel output setting and the Center channel is silent as I expected, however no improvement.

Curiously, when I use Mediainfo to look at the audio stream on the bluray disk, the channel layout shows as L R Ls Rs LFE. I am wondering if this difference is contributing to or the cause of the problem.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to achieve more accurate playback of this 4.1 track through MC would be most appreciated.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up