INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Relabeling tracks  (Read 1116 times)

pilotsanon

• Junior Woodchuck
Relabeling tracks
« on: December 14, 2021, 03:14:06 pm »

I have several files in my library that have their track number in front of the name.  I want to do a quick relabel the names using a template instead of fixing each individual track.  Is there a way to do this?

For example:
current name
01 intro
02 selling the drama
03 lighting crashes

end result:
intro
selling the drama
lighting crashes

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: Relabeling tracks
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 04:07:18 pm »

Have a look at this thread https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130173.msg907899.html#msg907899
You can now use the Clean function to achieve this.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 06:37:34 pm »

If that doesn't work (the clean function) a bit of regex() in the NAME field should make short work of this issue.

Brian.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 06:47:52 am »

If that doesn't work (the clean function) a bit of regex() in the NAME field should make short work of this issue.

Brian.

It does work, if you read the thread you will see that the functionality was added to the clean function so that users do not have to write (complex) regexes.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 12:45:04 pm »

I read through the entire thread after your response.  It seems that Matt not only added this to the clean() function, but ALSO added it to the GUI tool, "clean file properties".  That's pretty neat.

My offer of a regex was in case the technique used by the built in tool didn't cover a particular case.  Hopefully it covers all common cases and no funky regex will be required.

I kinda like regex, but it's weird even to me.  I sometimes read my own stuff and say "why did I do this again?".  A purpose built tool is way easier.  Thanks Matt!  (if you are reading)

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 02:14:02 pm »

Cheers 👍
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 02:23:02 pm »

I read through the entire thread after your response.  It seems that Matt not only added this to the clean() function, but ALSO added it to the GUI tool, "clean file properties".  That's pretty neat.

My offer of a regex was in case the technique used by the built in tool didn't cover a particular case.  Hopefully it covers all common cases and no funky regex will be required.

I kinda like regex, but it's weird even to me.  I sometimes read my own stuff and say "why did I do this again?".  A purpose built tool is way easier.  Thanks Matt!  (if you are reading)

Brian.
Yes, I guess there may be cases not covered by the function but I am pretty sure it covers the examples that the OP gave.
👍
Pages: [1]   Go Up