INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help troubleshooting Atmos (solved)  (Read 1535 times)

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
Help troubleshooting Atmos (solved)
« on: December 23, 2021, 10:54:26 pm »

I have MC26 audio set to marantz-AVR (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)[Direct Sound] and Bitstreaming: Yes (HDMI).  Windows speaker setup is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater.  My understanding is that this is the correct configuration to pass Dolby-TrueHD (with Atmos) over HDMI to my Marant AV7705 to get Dolby Atmos.  Instead, it plays in  Dolby Audio - Dolby Surround with the height speakers sent to the front and backs instead of the four ceiling speakers in my 7.2.4 setup.  I also tried using the [WASAPI] device option, but that made no difference. 

I'm using a Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 Test.mkv to troubleshoot this issue.  The Marantz will not output Atmos correctly with MC.  However, if I open/play this file back using Windows Media Player, it works fine and my Marantz shows Dolby Atmos, playing in 7.1.4 using the ceiling speakers as expected.

What is JRiver MC26 doing differently with Bitstreaming out this file?

EDIT: GotG trailer in the Dolby Access app works in Atmos fine too.  Something configured wrong in JR MC26 and can't figure it out? 

stevenjw

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Help troubleshooting Atmos (solved)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2021, 02:19:39 am »

After spending several more hours diagnosing what was going on, I looked into my Video settings under Custom video settings.  I found and examined my LAV Audio Decoder properties and saw that none of the Bitstreaming output format options were checked.  Once I set those and used [WASAPI], everything works as expected.  Problem solved.  Just needed to remember that not all audio controls are under Audio.  :(  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up