INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote on Samsung phone no longer connects to JRiver 28 on PC  (Read 1470 times)

LegulusQ

• Recent member
JRemote on Samsung phone no longer connects to JRiver 28 on PC
« on: December 31, 2021, 05:36:33 pm »

I have used JRemote for years on my various Android phones and never had a problem connecting to JR Media Server on my home computers. Abruptly, there has been a loss of connectivity to both my desktop PC and laptop. There are no other general home network issues.  Everything else is working fine.  The two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 11, but I believe the connection was still working after that upgrade until the last 48 hours. The version of JRemote on my Android phone is 21.0.2.  My current phone is a Samsung S21 Ultra, and JRemote has worked just fine with it until the last 48 hours.  Has there been some recent change to your knowledge that would stop the ability to connect to either of these servers by DLNA?

LegulusQ

• Recent member
Re: JRemote on Samsung phone no longer connects to JRiver 28 on PC
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 01:53:43 pm »

Well, I didn't get any response to this, but I finally figured it out so I thought I would share what I did in case anybody else has the same issue.

In the past, under Options→Media Network→Add or Configure DLNA Servers in JRiver I had employed Generic DLNA as the server type and it had always worked fine. Since I now couldn't get any of my devices (Android phone, iPad) to connect I decided to try Legacy UPnP. What do you know? That's all it took!

I don't know if the conversion to Windows 11 on my desktop and laptop were the cause of this change in behavior, but I suspect it must have had something to do with it.

Hope this helps anyone else facing this mystery.

bryant berry

• World Citizen
  • im a good listener,even if i dont look it.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 10:45:43 am »

my older samsung....cell gizmo is not working also....tryed your idea...my other tablet is still working fine....phone text says cant locate server...or correct key....cant delete desktop or my pc in qizmo remote....enter new passcode no work either....same with j renote 2...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 12:33:03 pm »

If you only allowed JRiver firewall access on the "Private" network and your Windows network config has reverted to the "Public" profile then you will lose connectivity. Either add JRiver's rules to the Public network or set your current network as Private.

Another common issue is if your computer's IP address has changed and you are forwarding through your hardware firewall via NAT. In that case you will need to update your rules and/or (re)set the static IP of the device.

bryant berry

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 09:17:53 am »

my lil rca  tablet tuned off gizmo now....must be all same ...lost ip add...happy 2022 to all

bryant berry

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 01:03:58 pm »

it fixed itself...off over nite....
Pages: [1]   Go Up