INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help required - Latest IPad, trouble with Library and importing  (Read 1658 times)

Stillinlovewiththis

Help required - Latest IPad, trouble with Library and importing
« on: January 02, 2022, 05:37:13 am »

Okay, first up, can anyone please signpost me to the right section to ask for help?
I’m using JRiver on my music server and I only access this using my iPad.

I don’t have a computer.

I use the VNC viewer to import and edit discs and the JRiver to play them so to speak.

I’ve got an external hard drive that backs everything up.

Here’s the problem. My friend has borrowed the external hard drive and put his music collection on it. On my JRiver there are now multiple files for each CD, in some cases as many as 4 identical files per track. I’ve tried editing these but each time it reboots I’m back to square one.
I’m a perfectionist and every comma and full stop has to be in the right place so this is torture for me.

What I’d like first and foremost is advice on which section to ask for help? Then I’d like some help obviously before I do something stupid like wiping everything and reinstalling all my CD’s again from scratch which is about a weeks work.

Thanks in advance,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help required - Latest IPad, trouble with Library and importing
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 08:14:10 am »

That's a problem more related to the server than the iPad.  What version of MC are you using?  What OS?  I can move this.

You can use the search window to separate files by location.  Search for C: or D:, for example.  Then delete the ones you don't want by selecting them all first.  Be careful.

Check any import rules you have first.

Stillinlovewiththis

Re: Help required - Latest IPad, trouble with Library and importing
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 11:22:52 am »

So, I’ve had a moment of idle thought and unplugged the external hard drive back up.
Then I’ve cleared the library and reinstalled it from a previous back up. Hey presto, I’m back where I was with my music all sorted as I want it.

I need to work out how to add the external hard drive without contaminating what I have now.

All advice gratefully received.
Pages: [1]   Go Up