INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync to handheld not working for Garmin Fenix 6 Pro  (Read 1491 times)

mike_power01

• Recent member
Sync to handheld not working for Garmin Fenix 6 Pro
« on: January 02, 2022, 08:29:33 pm »

When I try to use the MC sync to handheld feature to transfer MC playlists to my Garmin Fenix 6 Pro watch the system goes into a long running "working" loop and ultimately does not transfer a small playlist.  Windows Media player handles the same transfer with no problems.
An MC device info dump seems to be saying the watch is an "ünsupported device".   Attached to this post is the info dump image. 
I hope someone can direct me as to a likely fix. Please note I have limited JRiver and IT expertise so I hope any fix requiring my involvement is not too technical.  Many thanks for your support, Michael Power.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Sync to handheld not working for Garmin Fenix 6 Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 02:28:46 pm »

If you transfer just a single file, does that one file show up on the device?

We should worry about playlists after we get files working.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mike_power01

• Recent member
Re: Sync to handheld not working for Garmin Fenix 6 Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 04:15:36 pm »

Thanks Matt for getting back to me.
In trying to undertake your test I have been reminded once again of what seem to be basic flaws in the watch's hardware.  There is 16GB of music on the watch and all systems seem to have problems connecting and reading the watch.  Windows takes ages registering the files and JRiver goes into an long running "working" status when I try to make the device available to JRiver.  If I do get to the end of J-river's process the watch usually disconnects and drops off the drives list.  If, alternatively, I do a "send to" of an individual audio file to the Garmin watch I get an unending "loading handheld" message.  This makes doing simple tests like you are requesting near impossible.  I have spoken to Garmin this morning about this and they say there are no such recognised hardware issues with the watch.  Neverthless, they have agreed to take the watch back and assess it.  I will go through this return with Garmin and see where this takes me before making further judgement about JRiver's sync to handheld for this.  So, this post is on ice from me for now.   Sorry for the change of direction, Regards, Michael.
Pages: [1]   Go Up