INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hdhomerun init issues,and use via network please ?  (Read 1282 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
hdhomerun init issues,and use via network please ?
« on: January 03, 2022, 10:56:42 pm »

hello friends:
i have been with Directv for almost 25 years,now testing spectrum cable for the first time.
I need help or clarification.
It took over 45 minutes for the turner to be detected

Is it possible to have a scan button to actually  initialize the turner?.
I have to unplug power from wall twice and unplug the turning adapter before the device was detected.
Her use case with Directv has been to schedule recording remotely on the Bravia tvs, but it looks like with cable, recording  will be directly on the server.
I have purchased an 8tb hard drive, which had been installed on the server, and in my setup, pointed to the drive.
I guess recordings goes in the drive. correct ?
television show folder is present,how can i schedule recording via MO4media ?
The Hdhomerun software on the bravia tv does not see the folder or drive reserved for recording.I need help on how to record and watch shows via remote/ network with my Mo4media.
Another inquiry or request is the Ad removal feature that was popular on the Windows platform.
Is it available on the linux platform ?
Can JH talk to the engineers at Silicondust to modify the hdhomerun software to allow config to point to  custom folder or folders for recordings ?
For my wife to enjoy this new switch from Directv to Cable, she has to be able to schedule recording her shows without being in front of the server.

This A.M, just playing with the setup, I tried to schedule a couple of recordings, it tells me no tuner found.
I know my prime is online. I can connect from remote bravia tvs in the house.

thanks.
George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up