INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invisible column delineators  (Read 980 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Invisible column delineators
« on: January 09, 2022, 10:48:12 am »

Sometime in the last few releases - maybe sometime in the last few months - the vertical bars which separate the columns in the column headers have become almost invisible. This happens with most skins. Screen shots showing the problem with 4 different skins are attached. It looks to me like the column separator is one pixel wide, and it's almost the same color as the background of the column header. That's pretty much invisible on a 5K monitor.

The reason this is a problem is that to adjust column widths, you have to grab one of these column separators. If I can't see them I can't grab them.

Of course this might well be a case of my eyesight getting weaker. :-) But it would be cool if these separators were more visible.

MC 28.0.79. macOS 12.0.1. 2017 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display (5120 x 2880).

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Invisible column delineators
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 12:17:01 pm »

I tried a few different skins and you seem to be correct:  The dividers are quite small.  But while testing, I figured out that I don't really use the dividers as a visual cue.  Because, as I move my mouse pointer over the bar, as I come to a divider, the pointer turns into an icon showing left and right arrows, which tells me I'm on the divider and I can move it.

Still, I see your point that it's hard to see.  I would encourage you to try out some different skins.  My current favorite, Dream In Blue, has quite visible column dividers that you might like.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=128460.0

There are quite a few others around to try as well.  Good luck.

Brian.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Re: Invisible column delineators
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 01:43:22 pm »

Thanks for the pointer. What I did, I just figured out how to tweak the skin I was using (PixOS). It was just a matter of a few dozen pixels in one file (List_HeaderBar.png). Good enough for me. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up