INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free IPTV  (Read 1548 times)

wellywu

• World Citizen
Free IPTV
« on: January 20, 2022, 08:59:02 am »

I have an old mid-2015 Apple Macbook Pro 15" with Retina Display running Apple macOS 12.1.0 64-bit "Monterey" and JRiver Media Center 28.0.100 64-bit for Intel-based Macs. I followed the instructions found in the Windows sub-forum to add American free IPTV channels via the network tuner within Television and it mostly just works. I am able to watch quite a number of American free IPTV channels, but some of them do not work because the source .M3U8 file may be not a good source and I may need to find another listing of free American IPTV channels and retry adding this new list within Media Center 28 64-bit Master License under Apple macOS. I am not able to add the libplacebo renderer under Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 64-bit Pro editions for JRiver Media Center 28.0.100 64-bit so I can not watch American free IPTV channels yet. I just thought that I would share this with anyone using Apple macOS and the current Media Center 28 build version. I may consider adding Swiss and Chinese free IPTV channels under Media Center 28 64-bit Master License and using Proton VPN to connect to these countries or other personal VPNs to which I have access at this time. I do not know if I am going to do that today or in the future yet.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Free IPTV
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 10:22:02 am »

The dependency download was broken until I just uploaded build 103 now. Please give that a try.

wellywu

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 11:08:42 am »

For some odd reason, I never experienced any problems with JRiver Media Center 28.0.100 or 28.0.103 64-bit for Intel-based Macs yet with regard to IPTV. I updated to the current release version and restarted it and tested IPTV and I was able to tune into American, Swiss, and Chinese television stations, channels, and networks mostly just fine; however, my IPTVCAT lists of .M3U8 retrieved 100 stations for each country and not all of them are working, but this is because I chose a free IPTV listing for each country rather than paying for my own subscription to access a private list of IPTV networks for different countries so I do keep that in mind.

I have had largely no major problems with JRiver Media Center 28 64-bit Master License for Apple macOS 12.1.0 64-bit "Monterey" yet and this includes the recently-added IPTV feature.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 12:51:26 pm »

If the dependency was already installed from playing a video that required it there wouldn't have been an issue, it's only if a dependency needed to be downloaded from the TV code.
Pages: [1]   Go Up