INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Core Audio & sample rate  (Read 1585 times)

soundmaster

Core Audio & sample rate
« on: January 22, 2022, 03:19:36 am »

I am new to JRiver. I installed it and imported media.

I use an UFX as external DA. System audio is set up to route audio through MADI channels @ 96kHz. When MC plays a track, audio is routed to analog 1 and 2 and also the sampling rate is changed to 44.1kHz.

How can I change that? I want MC to use the system settings as specified in Audio/MIDI Setup. MC shall not change the routing and the sampling rate.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Core Audio & sample rate
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 10:17:43 am »

You should write more about your system. Is the DA plugged directly into your Mac or do you use MCs Media Network?
If you do not use the network you are in your local zone. Check the settings under "DSP Studio..." in the Player menu.
If you use the Media Network you are in another zone, so the DSP Studio settings won't work. Open the Options menu, scroll down to then "Media Network" and look up the settings under "Audio Conversion". It is a bit tricky to find out the correct settings here.

Good Luck!

soundmaster

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 05:55:15 pm »

Converter is plugged directly into Mac. I looked at the DSP Studio and tried a few things. But each time MC captures the machine and changes the sample rate. And I could not find anything on routing. Looks like MC is hardwired  ;D in analog 1 and 2. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 09:09:56 am »

From what little I can tell, you are probably using an RME interface with multiple digital and analog outputs.  I can't really speak to how to address that device.  I would guess that the device specific driver/app the comes with it lets you control where the signal goes, but that's a TOTAL GUESS.

The sampling rate I believe I can help with.  MC does not obey any system settings in Audio/MIDI for sample rate.  By default MC wants to play files at their native sample rate.  It plays 44.1 as 44.1 and 96 as 96.  But if you want everything re-sampled to 96 instead, you can easily do that with DSP studio.

Open DSP Studio.
Make sure Output format is checked to on.
In Output Format, RIGHT CLICK on the output column.  You should see a menu to allow you set everything to a single sample rate.  Choose "set all to 96000".  The output column should now show 96kHz for all input rates. 
Close the DSP studio. 

Now stop and restart playback and everything should be resampled to 96k. 

Brian.

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 10:35:11 am »

Converter is plugged directly into Mac. I looked at the DSP Studio and tried a few things. But each time MC captures the machine and changes the sample rate. And I could not find anything on routing. Looks like MC is hardwired  ;D in analog 1 and 2. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

I'm out here - sorry. My DAC is not connected to my Mac, but via ethernet to my NAS. So I'm using the Media network and can't help with problems with directly connected DACs.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up