INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC28 as Kodi external player  (Read 3922 times)

GZRGaMeR

MC28 as Kodi external player
« on: January 23, 2022, 11:58:21 pm »

I know this has been discussed previously, but not recently.

Others in my house find it easier to browse the media server using the Kodi interface; but the MC28 playback with MadVR is noticeably superior on my 160-inch 4K projector screen.

Has anyone successfully and recently configured Kodi to use MC28 (or earlier) as an external video player in Kodi?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC28 as Kodi external player
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 10:46:56 am »

Aren't you just asking how to integrate madVR with Kodi? I'm sure there's a ton of info out there.

GZRGaMeR

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 12:53:36 am »

Yeah, probably, but I already have MadVR running beautifully (and conveniently implemented) in MC28 and I'm lazy enough to not want to entirely reinvent that "wheel."  :D

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 08:37:58 am »

Yeah, probably, but I already have MadVR running beautifully (and conveniently implemented) in MC28 and I'm lazy enough to not want to entirely reinvent that "wheel."  :D

I think the settings are stored in the settings.bin file at Users>AppData>Roaming>J River>Media Center 28>plugins>madvr>settings.bin.

doylet8456

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 11:37:38 am »

I have MC28 as an external player for Kodi running. I may be able to help.

Mick Mickle

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 12:49:52 am »

I have MC28 as an external player for Kodi running. I may be able to help.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've tried periodically to do the same thing for Window Media Center and MyMovies combo (WMC has been old faithful for me even in Win 10 with MDL Forum hacks). But after playing a movie, JRiver standard view window is left open and I don't get WMC back again.  Have you solved this for Kodi?  Thanks for entertaining this short distraction!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022, 07:29:37 am »

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've tried periodically to do the same thing for Window Media Center and MyMovies combo (WMC has been old faithful for me even in Win 10 with MDL Forum hacks). But after playing a movie, JRiver standard view window is left open and I don't get WMC back again.  Have you solved this for Kodi?  Thanks for entertaining this short distraction!
Try pressing stop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up