INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: T-1 Day!  (Read 1560 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
T-1 Day!
« on: January 26, 2022, 01:21:04 am »

Been waiting it seems like 10 years for a new Anais Mitchell record, which is out tomorrow.  Somewhere in mid 2020 she did a live webcast playing nothing but new songs and while the production quality of the webcast was VERY marginal, the songs were incredibly strong, even on first listen.   I have huge expectations....    Highly recommended if she is passing through your town.  Seeing the whole band in Tarrytown in Feb, if I decide it is safe enough.  Seats are 4th row so that is an incentive.    As an aside, Tarrytown let's say is a one-hour drive from NYC, and the show is in an historic cozy theater and the seats were $38 each, so we will make a day of it with dinner before. Tickets for the same show at Webster Hall on the lower East side of NYC (the same show), General admission (i.e. STANDING) costs $115 a ticket!  IF you want to park, street parking could cost you the Tarrytown $38 ticket price.  Dinner, likely $100 per person.  Ya think NYC pricing is out of control?

LR
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Outlaw Audio

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Dogs......because people suck
Re: T-1 Day!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 10:54:40 am »

In late 2008-2009 I paid almost $500 each for floor tickets to Sarah Brightman (row 2) in San Jose, CA.  Parking was another $40.00.  I'd say you got a deal either way

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: T-1 Day!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 01:26:34 pm »

Been waiting it seems like 10 years for a new Anais Mitchell record, which is out tomorrow.  Somewhere in mid 2020 she did a live webcast playing nothing but new songs and while the production quality of the webcast was VERY marginal, the songs were incredibly strong, even on first listen.   I have huge expectations....    Highly recommended if she is passing through your town.  Seeing the whole band in Tarrytown in Feb, if I decide it is safe enough.  Seats are 4th row so that is an incentive.    As an aside, Tarrytown let's say is a one-hour drive from NYC, and the show is in an historic cozy theater and the seats were $38 each, so we will make a day of it with dinner before. Tickets for the same show at Webster Hall on the lower East side of NYC (the same show), General admission (i.e. STANDING) costs $115 a ticket!  IF you want to park, street parking could cost you the Tarrytown $38 ticket price.  Dinner, likely $100 per person.  Ya think NYC pricing is out of control?

LR

Very excited to hear about a new Anais Mitchell album.  I was just crazy about Child Ballads when that dropped, so it'll be neat to hear the new material!
Pages: [1]   Go Up