INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting Large Classical Works  (Read 1090 times)

TMBallard

• Recent member
Sorting Large Classical Works
« on: January 27, 2022, 10:17:11 am »

I have a large classical/operatic collection. I managed to import from Apple all of my playlists, but some of them are out of order. I need to be able to display the disk number so that I can sort by disk and then sort out the tracks. There are over 300 of these playlists, and I so hope someone can help me. Help?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sorting Large Classical Works
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 10:59:09 am »

I'm not an expect on this but couldn't you display the file list in the playlist then add the disc number as a display field and sort the inside groups by disc number?

TMBallard

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 02:11:52 pm »

Probably but I don't know how to do that

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 04:09:05 pm »

Media Center lets you sort by any of the fields in the database, including disc number, then track number.

You don't need to use playlists for operas (and I suggest you should not). In general, playlists are for music from disparate sources. However, if you want to create a playlist containing several operas you can still create a custom sort order using as many fields as you'd like.

I'm assuming that your collection is nicely tagged. If you imported CDs and didn't pay attention to the tagging that may not be the case, but you'll eventually appreciate whatever effort you need now to clean up the tags.

Pages: [1]   Go Up